MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread has been inspired by the re-bumpage of the tesco fuel thread...

anyhow, my car suffers from the problem when fuelling, the trigger on the pump keeps clicking to release if I apply anything more than about 1/3 pressure to it.

Sometimes twisting it to an angle will allow a 50% squeeze, but I can never go whole hog, and it usually will just click, click, click. So filling up the tank takes about 4 minutes, which makes the other waiting customers very annoyed, and makes me look stupid.

Anyone know any techniques to get around this?
Fuelling my mum's astra is a dream compared to filling up my 214.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have found that it works best if you don't insert the nozzle in very far. If the end is angled across quite a bit rather than almost verticle you can actually fill at full speed at a lot of pumps. A bit of a design flaw i'd say, and you'd think by my 95 model someone might have bothered to sort it.
This used to wind me up a lot when i first got the car, but it seldom happens any more.
It must be far enough in to hold the flap open though or you'll be showered in petrol mind. (No i havent done this before you ask:bgrin2:, just dont want anyone setting themselves on fire because of my advise).

Will

1 - 3 of 3 Posts