MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is now booked in with Pro Alloy for an intercooler upgrade with associated pipe work. The IC will be ideally front mounted with Alloy pipe work to and from the IC, the best one here being the pipe up to the EGR. It will allow considerably more flow through than the rubber hose we currently have.

In addition, the pipe could terminate at the EGR (so that I can fit the bypass promoted on this site) but for a few quid extra the alloy pipe can be extended to mate to the intake directly. The extra pipe work will have a stub on it for both EGR pipes to connect to so nothing looks out of place. Awesome!

Work estimate is likely to be between £200 and £350 depending on the final location of the IC.

They claim that they've had a CDTi in already and with thier IC and pipe work it ran an extra 9bhp in ambient temperatures below 20 degrees C.
Cant wait!

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
451 Posts
My car is now booked in with Pro Alloy for an intercooler upgrade with associated pipe work.
I'd be very interested to hear how this goes. On both my previous cars (a Rover 600 diesel and, before that, a Montego turbodiesel estate), I had new, larger intercoolers fitted by Allards, and in both cases they brought huge improvements. I would imagine the effect would be less with the 75 as the intercooler is already reasonably large (and thus, presumably, effective), so I'm glad someone else is doing the experiment first! Are you going to get it rolling road tested?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be very interested to hear how this goes. On both my previous cars (a Rover 600 diesel and, before that, a Montego turbodiesel estate), I had new, larger intercoolers fitted by Allards, and in both cases they brought huge improvements. I would imagine the effect would be less with the 75 as the intercooler is already reasonably large (and thus, presumably, effective), so I'm glad someone else is doing the experiment first! Are you going to get it rolling road tested?
Yes, it will be rolled before and after. The IC in the 75 isn't that large and its location is crap for airflow. Sure, air gets to it but its stored up and filters through rather then forced through the fins as it would be in a front mounted location.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
451 Posts
Yes, it will be rolled before and after. The IC in the 75 isn't that large and its location is crap for airflow. Sure, air gets to it but its stored up and filters through rather then forced through the fins as it would be in a front mounted location.
When you say front mounted, where exactly do you mean? And does the price quoted include the intercooler itself? If so, it's very cheap.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it includes the IC. Hopefully mounted in front of the rad below the cross panel impact beam.

We'll see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts