MG-Rover.org Forums banner

THE CHEVROLET LACETTI STARS ON BBC TOP GEAR - 1.8CDX is the new Reasonably Priced Car

3K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  tanvir 
#1 ·
THE CHEVROLET LACETTI STARS ON BBC TOP GEAR

* 1.8CDX is the new ‘Reasonably Priced Car’

The Chevrolet Lacetti is BBC Top Gear’s new ‘Reasonably Priced Car’ and will be seen in a fun-packed celebrity shoot-out to re-establish leader board times in the first of the new series which starts on Sunday on BBC2.

The Lacetti five-seat family car range starts from £9795 and is not just reasonably priced but offers great value whether it be the five-door family hatch, the fully equipped four-door saloon or the practical family station wagon. The Top Gear ‘Reasonably Priced Car’ is the Lacetti CDX saloon powered by a 1.8 litre, 119 horsepower, 16-valve engine and comes fully specified with leather trim, climate control air conditioning, navigation system and traction control. This model also forms the basis for Chevrolet’s World Touring Car which can be seen at the Brands Hatch round of the Championship on 21 May.

The celebrities who will drive the Lacetti in each programme will probably have little desire for traction control as they drive at the limit around the Top Gear test track in search of that coveted fastest time on the leader board. Jimmy Carr led in the last series until he was soundly beaten by Ellen MacArthur so he comes to the first programme determined to get back to the top.

The new Top Gear series starts on Sunday 7 May at 8.00pm on BBC2.

Don’t miss it.

See less See more
#15 ·
IanRobertson said:
The wheelbase's of the two cars, are different. Vauxhall Astra - 2606mm vs Chevrolet Lacetti - 2600mm.
6mm is neither here not there when you consider the frontal restyle. They probably just 'adjusted' the front struts slightly. Anyway lets face it, why would cash-strpped GM bother to design a whole new Daewoo when they had a previous gen Astra lying around? I still say it the old Astra - it just looks too much like the old Astra for it to be conincidental.

#20 ·
Master Yoda said:
the log book does say no full throttle starts

they were going full plet All the time not many clutches could stand that treatment
Yeah im not going to take reliability pointers from a car thats had that sort of treatment, especially at that stage in its life.
Was it pouring out a little smoke on those full bore standing starts? New engines use a bit of oil, was that evidence of that coupled with its punishment?

#21 ·
You know, for a white good, the Lacetti isn't a bad looking car, I've seen a hell of a lot worse from the Kia/Hyundai crowd.

I think the word is conservative...

It's just a shame they don't do a Skoda, with a hot 'GTi' version with a detuned version of GM's 2.0L turbo from the Astra SRi, in a 3-door body as well.

If the interior was nice enough, I wouldn't mind one.

#22 ·
One would have thought that one of the TG Production crew would have run it for about a month or two to break it in until being put on the track. That is one seriously abused car - regardless of the badge, my heart goes out to it, as it's life is going to be misreable!. They are good value for money (there were some offers in the paper at under 9K for some the 1.6).

What about The Stig losing it with that Koenigg....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.