MG-Rover.org Forums banner

The best TURBO ever!

8K views 141 replies 27 participants last post by  jupilerman 
#1 ·
Hi guys...
I have 2000 Rover 25 turbo+Nos and 1999 600 ti fully moded! If you need any info reply.... ;) Maybe i'll give you an answer ;) Just kidding...

#26 ·
Maybe I'm being an idiot here, but I can't even see the VVC unit in there?

Just looks like a standard 1.4 or 1.8 K-series to me with a load of bits here and there and a VVC plenum...no evidence to suggest that it's actually a VVC engine though...?

I see no VVC control unit, OR cam cover on the other side of the engine...

so it could be a 1.8T from a 75/ZT maybe? or it could just be a standard 103ps block :)

#27 ·
so it could be a 1.8T from a 75/ZT maybe? or it could just be a standard 103ps block :)
It's not the blown k from the 75/ZT, those motors look like they were built in the shed of a mad scientist and there just ain't enough pipework there in that picture.
What almost convinced me was the filter popping upwards from the front...then I looked closley, he's just removed it from the "HKS" inlet pipe and popped it in there.

Sorry if this appears to be mean like.
Dazultra I think you may be right mate, there's not enough headwork for the VVC mechs so I reckon it's just the plenum as well.

#28 ·
It's certainly not a VVC engine as it doesn't have the mechs or the 2nd cambelt. It's a standard K series, but what a 1.4, 1.6, 1.8? Where is the turbo. I need to look down where the exhaust manifold is to see how the turbo is mounted, because I just can't see evidence of one at though mo.

If he has got a turbo fitted down there then he's done well and what about the internals?

#29 ·
Looking at it ashy I don't think the engine is sitting far enough back to be a 'bo k series, there wouldn't be enough clearnance for the turbo at the back of the radiator, which is definatly in the same position as a NASP unit...the tubing is still there.
Secondly, where's the carrier line for the NOS? I can't see a fogger or any solenoids for a direct port install....

#39 ·
Right... My tuppence worth hehe...

There's no turbo on that! Like ashy said, the engine bay is too small for one to be fitted!

The intercooler is an "interfooler" more than likely. I know a few lads that have fitted these to their Hondas etc... Very good for a CAI as it drawns in loads of cold air, that one is so small it couldnt be for a turbo me thinks! Also... Why's he got a JUN sticker on his engine??? Jun are renowned JDM tuners for Nissan, Honda, Toyota and Mitsubishi, so why the hell has he got on on the Rover haha...
The gaugues, like 25exec said could be for anything, i had them in my JDM Del Sol for water, oil, volts, Vtec timing an all sorts, dont always have to be for Boost and Nos etc...

Its not a turbo sorry, just a dream!

#41 ·
For the record: Ive seen smaller FM intercoolers than that, about half the size to be precise.

Anyways, the pics arent great so the car could well be a turbo :errx2: although evidence would suggest that it aint forced induction and it aint a VVC.

Ive been waiting a long time to see a VVC turbo, this isn it :shake:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.