MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 40 of 142 Posts
I feel sorry for him now, you're such a bunch of meanies :sad3:
ok it may not be to everybodies taste but Tad you're right, this chap has obviously put a lot of time and effort into creating a turbo'd and NOS'd VVC 25 and respect to him for doing that, i dont see anybody else on here (who is slating the car) doing it.

:2c:

Maybe I'm being an idiot here, but I can't even see the VVC unit in there?

Just looks like a standard 1.4 or 1.8 K-series to me with a load of bits here and there and a VVC plenum...no evidence to suggest that it's actually a VVC engine though...?

I see no VVC control unit, OR cam cover on the other side of the engine...

so it could be a 1.8T from a 75/ZT maybe? or it could just be a standard 103ps block :)

so it could be a 1.8T from a 75/ZT maybe? or it could just be a standard 103ps block :)
It's not the blown k from the 75/ZT, those motors look like they were built in the shed of a mad scientist and there just ain't enough pipework there in that picture.
What almost convinced me was the filter popping upwards from the front...then I looked closley, he's just removed it from the "HKS" inlet pipe and popped it in there.

Sorry if this appears to be mean like.
Dazultra I think you may be right mate, there's not enough headwork for the VVC mechs so I reckon it's just the plenum as well.

It's certainly not a VVC engine as it doesn't have the mechs or the 2nd cambelt. It's a standard K series, but what a 1.4, 1.6, 1.8? Where is the turbo. I need to look down where the exhaust manifold is to see how the turbo is mounted, because I just can't see evidence of one at though mo.

If he has got a turbo fitted down there then he's done well and what about the internals?

Looking at it ashy I don't think the engine is sitting far enough back to be a 'bo k series, there wouldn't be enough clearnance for the turbo at the back of the radiator, which is definatly in the same position as a NASP unit...the tubing is still there.
Secondly, where's the carrier line for the NOS? I can't see a fogger or any solenoids for a direct port install....

take it ur not counting the 800BHP ZR they have then? technically not a rover but a rover engine in it...
Have they got even more power out of it then :bigeyes:

Tis, a 200 iirc.
It is a 200, it just has a ZR front end on it.

Why hasn't this guy posted anymore about his car?
If I was him and all these people were saying I was lying, I'd straight on here proving them wrong!

So far, we've proved its not a VVC, and if he has a turbo on it, it must be very well hidden....

Come on matey! Show us we're wrong! :dddc:

Edit..

Looking at that picture, the airbox to the right of the engine... Would that still be there if there was a turbo? It seems he has an induction kit installed. To me, that just doesn't look right.

Right... My tuppence worth hehe...

There's no turbo on that! Like ashy said, the engine bay is too small for one to be fitted!

The intercooler is an "interfooler" more than likely. I know a few lads that have fitted these to their Hondas etc... Very good for a CAI as it drawns in loads of cold air, that one is so small it couldnt be for a turbo me thinks! Also... Why's he got a JUN sticker on his engine??? Jun are renowned JDM tuners for Nissan, Honda, Toyota and Mitsubishi, so why the hell has he got on on the Rover haha...
The gaugues, like 25exec said could be for anything, i had them in my JDM Del Sol for water, oil, volts, Vtec timing an all sorts, dont always have to be for Boost and Nos etc...

Its not a turbo sorry, just a dream!

21 - 40 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.