MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i fitted the GBE EVO D boost valve has many people have done recently

But bearing in mind that i have had my Hybrid fitted for a while now and have been struggling to achieve full boost (21psi) until high up the revs, near on 4000 rpm. as disscussed and shown on by Rolling road powergraph that has the boost curve on it aswell as torque and bhp.

Well things are now a VERY different story Whilst install the boost control valve i found that the actuator hose where it connects to the turbo was not clamped up tight and could remove it with out loosening the clip that was ment to be securing it so i exchaged this section of hose for a piece from my original turbo a much tigher fit. i have kept the pipe work very short.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/Donnydiesel400/Boostcontroller.jpg

Also installed a BMC CDA induction filter along with the larger diameter cold air feed at the same time to replace my now tired and possibly restrictive Pipercross Viper,

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Now have 20psi of boost at 2000 rpm with max boost of 25psi been reached by 2800-3000 rpm and present right through to 5000rpm.

The car now has a real kick and responsiveness that is more associated with a petrol engined car.

LOTS more torque hints of clutch slip in some cases when putting your foot down coming out of corners and roundabouts in second and third gears good job my uprated clutch and gearbox are getting fitted on Tuesday!

Would really wish i could get it back on the rolling road now bet it is producing the figures now that i hoped for when in did my last RR session of
160ish Bhp and 230lb/ft torque.

All of this now without any sign of of black smoke even with Ron's TU1's fueling dial turned up full. Now i'm really going to be ready for a set of Dave's Injectors!

Cheers Mark

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
glad to hear it mark, new it would be something simple, the boost sounds about right now. Just some more fuel from daves injectors and u'll be laughing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts