MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, wonder if some of you can help me. i am doing this for my sister so only know what shes told me. first thigs first, my sister is a big loner (haha) and her car has been sat on her drive for months now without her ever using it, unfortuanly mice infested the bonnet and nibbled quite a few wires. non of them look to be realy bad and dont seem to be shorting out anywhere. the problem is that now it wont start! (not surprising) but any way all she can hear when she trys to start it is clicking. to me that sounds like the immobaliser or something, but not sure as i dont have a clue about this car.

any of you can confirm that this would be the problem?

apparently neither key fob will work to open the car now ( wich suggests again Immobaliser ) and the next day the battery went dead. please can somebody point me in the right direction to try find out when the mice attacked!?

oh yeah and its a rover 25, on an 02 plate i think

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
sounds to me like the car battery has gone flat,if it was just the imobiliser then the engine wouldn't even turn over,as once imobilised it cuts power to the starting circuit in the ecu,try a set of jump leads or charging the battery up first and see how that goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Yep sounds like a flat battery.

Left mine for 3 weeks once, everything went dead, the fobs, the lights everything.

Charged the battery for 10 mins, tried it again and everything powered up, but not enough juice to start it, just a clicking from the engine bay.

So gave it a 5 hour charge, started fine, and battery is fine for now, no new one needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahah! thanks matie! yep, swaped the battery with the one from my car, and now works! bloody gave me a shock tho cus when i connected up the battery the alarm went off! bloody loud thing on them aint they! still hear it ringing in my ears now! lol

ohh well, ill tell her to buy a new battery, hopefully for her sake it wernt the mices that caused the battery to go, as it will happen again tomorow! haha!

much apprecited help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
bloody gave me a shock tho cus when i connected up the battery the alarm went off! bloody loud thing on them aint they! still hear it ringing in my ears now! lol
Exactly the same thing happened to me just as i touched the last cable on, I jumped so much I dropped the cable so it shut up again lol

Always try the obvious easy solutions first, as they usually fix it.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top