MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just to like to say THANK YOU.For your support and commitment to MG Rover.An ex Rover worker as of now.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm just sorry it's had to end like this. I think I speak for everybody on here when I say that if there was something more we could do, we would.

Good luck to you and of course all of your workmates for the future and thanks for all the hard work. I'm pretty upset at the moment, but it must pale into insignificance compared to what you and all the other MGR workers are feeling.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
:( so sorry to hear that :(

This is a sad day... tho I'm still getting conflicting stories as to the fate of MG Rover...

P.S. Terry Pratchett rocks...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
598 Posts
I am so sorry for you and your collegues and wish you all the best for the future.

It is often easy to get carried away with the brand and the history and forget that there are people out there who earn their living from MG-Rover.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
If it hadn't been for the support of the workers at MG Rover, the brands wouldn't be around now. They are the heart of MG Rover and are the ones that have kept the company afloat over the past 5 years. I am filled with sadness that it has come to this stage. It feels like someone has died. I have been in the position whereby I have been made redundant on two occasions, so I know how the workers must feel.

I only hope that with advice from PWC, some jobs can be saved and some car production can remain at Longbridge. What is clear is that MG Rover will not be around in its current incarnation.

I know the future is looking bleak, and the press are sounding the death knell, but maybe a downsized MG Rover could rise from the ashes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
support

stop feeling sad and start feeling ANGRY , if the workers need some support to show their discust we should all be willing to go to longbridge and stand with them....... count me in ....

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Gaspode.... I'd like to say a very big thank you to yourself and your colleagues. I just wish there is more that we could have done and if there is anything we can be doing... please, please, please let us know :)

I'd love to be able to say some well meaning cliche like 'I know exactly what you're going through'. The fact is that I don't, but less than an hour ago, I dissolved into tears. I just feel numb right now.

The past 5 years have been one huge rollercoaster ride. I wish it didn't have to end like this. Sadly it has. Thank you to everyone at MG Rover for the past 5 years... they've been amongst the best and the most exciting times of my life.

John :(

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Gaspode

I hope something can be salvaged from this mess. Whatever, all the best for the future. I don't give a f*** about my warranty, I just care about the workers, the products and the company. Fingers crossed for a miracle in the next few days.

Anthony.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Yeah i was close to tears but i feared it since the news first broke out today. I wish all the thousands of workers luck in scrounging every ****ing penny they can out this tightass, moralless government

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Sorry mate to hear. The job losses are traggic and needless. Renault get state aid.

The work force have been magnificient in recent years as are the cars.

The government however are far from that. Usual piffle about we can't help.

China have really mucked MGR about time after time over a year now between two companies.

The Pheonix four in my book are great guys, real enthusisats so its bad news all round.

Feel very emotional too after all this time of support for a great 100 year old car company.

The people too of the UK have been mega really. Lets drive German its better, lets not even try MG or British.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
paul 214 sli said:
stop feeling sad and start feeling ANGRY , if the workers need some support to show their discust we should all be willing to go to longbridge and stand with them....... count me in ....
i think a lot of peolpe, me included would proudly drive my Rover to the gates of longbridge and stand with the workers and everyone else

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
JohnSwitzer said:
Gaspode.... I'd like to say a very big thank you to yourself and your colleagues. I just wish there is more that we could have done and if there is anything we can be doing... please, please, please let us know :)

I'd love to be able to say some well meaning cliche like 'I know exactly what you're going through'. The fact is that I don't, but less than an hour ago, I dissolved into tears. I just feel numb right now.

The past 5 years have been one huge rollercoaster ride. I wish it didn't have to end like this. Sadly it has. Thank you to everyone at MG Rover for the past 5 years... they've been amongst the best and the most exciting times of my life.

John :(
Sounds like you've given up John - you can't .................

·
Registered
78 Posts
Best wishes gaspode

I can't see any government wanting to lose that 6000, with the impact felt on 42,000 or more jobs. I am sure there will some form of rescue package or deal done to ensure all is not lost.

I fully support MG Rover and want it to continue

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
gaspode said:
I would just to like to say THANK YOU.For your support and commitment to MG Rover.An ex Rover worker as of now.
Gaspode,

Thank you, and your fellow workers, for trying to keep the last great British marque alive. Resurrection of the MG marque was a shining example of true Brit spirit, I'm proud to have driven and owned some of your cars.

CAM

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am 42 years of age and have bought BL and rovers since I passed my test at the age of 18. I have owned 200s, 400s and now own a 600 series and they have all been suberb. I am therefore absolutley gutted with the news as I have all my working life banged on about supporting british industry and supporting british jobs and skills. I have been laughed at and had the micky taken a lot for this and this is the problem with the 'British'. They seem to enjoy critisising anything homegrown. Where has the pride gone in this country, they would sooner go out and support those b**rd Germans. My heart goes out to you and I hope something can be salvaged out of all of this.

Best regards

Neal Baker

·
Registered
751 Posts
gaspode said:
As people have said its not over till the fat lady sings....and unfortunately the wrong fat lady sang a load of bull$h1t...lets see what happens tomorrow. All my hopes are with you and all you guys at Longbridge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bulldog Spirit

I have just got in, put on News 24 and heard the terrible news.

Listen guys and girls of course. The fact that people are on this site, shows the affection and dedication people have for both MG & Rover brands. Not to mention the dedication the staff (all staff) have made to the task in hand since BMW messed the whole company up.

SAIC may have just lost the key element they needed to speed up their growth as a car company producing it's own creditable motors, and not somebody elses. Because what MG Rover does posess is the technical know how and design flair to make this project work.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
gaspode said:
Gaspode, thanks for your thanks(!), rest assured, we stand by you right now, we will not let the company we love slide into history on a slope greased by this Government.

We will do whatever we can do to help you and MGR find a way forward from here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gaspode, I'd like to thank you for all your hard work in being part of MGR. Good luck in whatever you decide to do next.

I hope things work out for you. I've said it before and I'll say it hear, we forget that we aren't the ones hardest hit. Its those that rely on MGR for emplyment, whether they work for MGR or a supplier. Good luck to all you guys thanks for a job well done :D

1 - 20 of 122 Posts