MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as most of you are aware Magik Wheelos on eBay produce and seel the 160 wheels. I've noticed these days they are going for about £60 - £70 per corner. Is this reasonable as i know other alloys are slightly more and beyond for other cars? haby they been cheaper than this?

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
There were as low as £50 a wheel (which is what I paid for mine) but unfortunately it looks like you have missed the boat for getting them that cheap as if you look on ebay now you will see that Magikwheels are now advertising the silver TF160 wheels for £260 a set buy it now, with no bidding options.
A least I assume its a set as the description says 'wheels' not 'wheel'.
You also need to add £350-400 for tyres on top of that.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i noticed them which swayed me to ask question after the last auction ended £60 each.

cool tyres shouldn't be that expensive from what i've found with local dealers. hoping for £60 each for GY GSD2's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Was thinking of getting mine refurbed, seems pointless if new are only £260. Was going to cost £200 for refurb, and I'll still have the old ones still for winter!
Hmmmmmmm.....wheels,hardtop,windstop and bodyshop for a slight scuffing. How deep ARE my pockets!

·
Registered
mg_zr
917 Posts
swordfish said:
Was thinking of getting mine refurbed, seems pointless if new are only £260. Was going to cost £200 for refurb, and I'll still have the old ones still for winter!
Hmmmmmmm.....wheels,hardtop,windstop and bodyshop for a slight scuffing. How deep ARE my pockets!
I dare you to resist buying those bits ands bobs!

Its a bit like not chewing a fruit pastle :doh:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Magik wheels are really good to deal with, I bought a set of TF 160s off them on ebay, the other half managed to megga curb one, emailed magik, & Rob sold me one for the price I paid originally.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well that's me convinced then! off to Magik we go, will update my Avatar to show you all once their fitted!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got yer wheels yet SMB?

I've ordered some, but paypal are messing me about at the minute so they won't let me pay for three to five days (account verification).

Just wondering if you're happy with them.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not quite yet, they arrive tomorrow. taken the day off especially! just hoping they turn up as i know another guy on here ordered his on fri but didn't turn up by tues. will post a pic once fitted, can't wait!!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
smbMG said:
not quite yet, they arrive tomorrow. taken the day off especially! just hoping they turn up as i know another guy on here ordered his on fri but didn't turn up by tues. will post a pic once fitted, can't wait!!
Just to make the wait even harder!!...........:dddc:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Mine arrived!!! :D

The late delivery was due to the courier not being able to find my house, Magik wheels chased for me and resolved the situation, I would certainly do business again with them :)

And adding to your misery

:lol:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh i see it's like that is it! damn you both!!

I haven't got AP's on mine yet but i bet they will still look good with my spoiler and roll over hoops!!

you've got me worried now that the courier doesn't find my house, luckily i got the details off Rob at Magik Wheels to chase em up.

Pic soon to be posted!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts