MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a pic of a tf with a trophy rear spoiler (possibly in brg)?

JUst need to see what it looks like;)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and one more thing the moulding on the sills of the tf are made of what? and would it be possible to "cut & paste" them to an f?

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Andyblac has a TF with a Trophy spoiler - looks superb, like they were made for each other. :)

TF side cills are metal and part of the structure of the car (TF has a monoside, F is split in two) - not transferrable as far as i know - you might be better off getting GRP replicas made and sticking them on (still won't solve the round air intake though).

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it:drool: that mean i wont have to get rid of mine now!!!

Damn i was thinking if i had the side moulds it would compliment the rear bumper (side corners) i know id still have round vents (could change them to tf one's if i could be bothered but i actually prefer them!!!!!

Oh and they round grill's will be even less obvious once i get the vent scoops on :bgrin2:

·
Registered
mgf
622 Posts
Are you keeping the F bootlid or are you upgrading to the TF item ? It makes a big difference IMHO if you use the TF bootlid with the Trophy spoiler. They match superbly ! The F bootlid with the Trophy spoiler looks good but from some angles a little odd IMHO.

I've got a picture of a BRG F converted to TF with a Throphy spoiler and a MGF bootlid. PM me your emailaddress if you want it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
N1CK, there was a post on one of the boards not long ago with some pics of side skirts/sill extensions for the F. Do a search on here and on the x-power forum, I'm sure it was one of them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have indeed got a tf bootlid and a trophy bootspoiler so after seeing those pics i have decided to put it on :D

Phil_B i cant find anything:sad2:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i have to agree, i dont think they look very good either, like the spoiler tho!

each to their own opinion tho! will def make your car stand out!

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
It's actually Mike Satur's F_ONE kit (which i have a soft spot for personally). The boot spoiler and rear quad lights are also part of the kit (i have both on Scarlet).

I suspect Mike commissioned Prosport to make the kit to his design originally, how theyare able to offer the kit separately from Mike i don't know, but it's probably all in the details of the original agreement.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what i have been led to beleive the guy who supplied mike satur with the f-one kit (i also like the origional one) supplied a few other companies with the same kit! He is still making them (or so the rhumor goes) I cannot comment on this any further as i dont know the full facts and do not wish to offend anyone.

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Fair enough, my posting earlier was just me spouting off the top of my head - seemed odd that another company was offering the same kit (complete with Ford Scorpio indicators! :lol: ) and i was speculating on the possible contractural arrangement that could allow this to happen.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also expect mg mania to sell the f one kit soon! the guy who makes the f 0ne kit will be making the tf500 kit too! i dont think he was ever tied into one contract with MS

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
yeah still got my tf! got a payrise and a new job so could keep it! wooo!

mini north east meet sounds coool!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
compleatly off topic but save me starting a new thread:

what are the best lowering knuckles to go for and are they difficult to fit?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts