MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were lower the suspension by say 10mm is there any other adjustments I would need to make.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,849 Posts
You would just need the tracking checked.

You may already know this but just in case, some TF’s are already 10mm lower from the factory (Sports Pack 1 or SP1) so make sure that this is taken into account before selecting a lowering method.

·
Registered
mg_tf
143 Posts
You would just need the tracking checked.

You may already know this but just in case, some TF’s are already 10mm lower from the factory (Sports Pack 1 or SP1) so make sure that this is taken into account before selecting a lowering method.

Interesting.. How would one know if their TF had the sport pack fitted???

Val.

·
Registered
MGTF 135
42 Posts
I found this: Check the number on the strut.
RND000270 - Standard Suspension
RND000700 - Sports Pack 1 Suspension
or, if you have port Pack 2 = AP calipers, 304mm discs, 11 spoke alloys, which were standard fitment on the 160.
I fitted the green Eibach lowering springs - I got mine from MG obsession, they lower the car by about 2.5cm. They can be fitted to standard shocks but I changed mine to Spax KSX from Rimmer. This combination has made a huge difference to the handling and stability at speed and they are relatively easy to fit. Currently the whole set will cost you around 600 quid from Rimmer. Spax KSX Shock Absorber Kit - Adjustable - with Eibach Springs - MGTF - RP1174 | Rimmer Bros

·
Registered
mg_tf
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the advice guys much appreciated, I’ve read somewhere that the camber need resetting, due to different ride hight

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,849 Posts
There is no way of adjusting the camber on a standard TF (unless it is an early TF with adjustable rear arms)

·
Registered
MG TF 135 2003
6 Posts
I found this: Check the number on the strut.
RND000270 - Standard Suspension
RND000700 - Sports Pack 1 Suspension
or, if you have port Pack 2 = AP calipers, 304mm discs, 11 spoke alloys, which were standard fitment on the 160.
I fitted the green Eibach lowering springs - I got mine from MG obsession, they lower the car by about 2.5cm. They can be fitted to standard shocks but I changed mine to Spax KSX from Rimmer. This combination has made a huge difference to the handling and stability at speed and they are relatively easy to fit. Currently the whole set will cost you around 600 quid from Rimmer. Spax KSX Shock Absorber Kit - Adjustable - with Eibach Springs - MGTF - RP1174 | Rimmer Bros
Maybe this is the wrong thread, but can I ask you how you handle the bump stops with Spax+eibach springs upgrade?
I opened that thread to talk about it:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts