MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Crazy question... Do you think it would be possible to change my stereo colour as well? Save buying a new one just because of the colour...

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Crazy question... Do you think it would be possible to change my stereo colour as well? Save buying a new one just because of the colour...
It's possible, and I've seen it done... but you'll invalidate your warranty ;)

It will probably be EXTREMELY fiddly due to the very small surface-mounted LEDs used. I've got quite handy with a soldering iron, but I still probably wouldn't attempt it.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I am amazed that the old ntlworld webpages are still there! I noticed some of the pics had disapeared, did you all know that you can find a copy of my old site at MGFTF Central?

I really ought to have finished them properly but you know how it is, life has a habit of getting in the way. Great supliment to my half finished howto though!

By the way I have gone green now - I got bored of blue. I think loaky has the blueness now!

Anyone ever get machined heater control backplates done?

Iain R

·
Registered
808 Posts
I did mine on my last stereo.
After getting the front of, I found it was a normal, but very bright standard led, just unsoldered and fitted a new one to my colour scheme.

·
Registered
mg_tf
34 Posts
foot-well lights

Thanks for a great post

I've recently bough a MG TF and been wondering what mods should be done. So after seeing this post I thought I'd start with the lights.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this? when changing the foot-well lights I found it was easier to removal the plastic panel when putting everything back together

Next mod is paint the centre console, Debate on the colour though

Ieuan

·
Registered
mg_tf
6 Posts
Is this how-to guide up to date? I'm going to have a go, so any top-up advice in addition to the above?

Some of the photos aren't showing up and the link to Iain R's how-to is broken.

Any suggestions?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts