MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my insurance is due in a month. and the quote isnt too bad for what i pay normally. but hasnt gone down much. so decided to have a quick look around yesterday.

annoyingly,one company wanted nearly 900 quid if i am unemployed.. but 750 if i am a student.
anyone have a link to good insurance who dont pull their hair out at modified tf's??

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
deano

We all have different records but try A-Plan, Bletchley office, ask for Steve the MGF owner and fanatic. Saved me a reasonable amout over Admiral. After recent reports from Admiral about the huge cash surplusses that are being shared out amongst the staff, I would even have gone somewhere that charged more - don't tell Steve that. Steve does post on the darkside bbs.

If I find a link soon I shall put it here but try yell.com

Steve Marsh, Luton, Beds, [email protected]
Hi ya,

Just to let you know that I work for Aplan Insurance, and we can do some very competitive rates for mgs.

Give us a call if you want a quote.

Aplan 01582 420101.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Sprinter said:
deano

We all have different records but try A-Plan, Bletchley office, ask for Steve the MGF owner and fanatic. Saved me a reasonable amout over Admiral. After recent reports from Admiral about the huge cash surplusses that are being shared out amongst the staff, I would even have gone somewhere that charged more - don't tell Steve that. Steve does post on the darkside bbs.

If I find a link soon I shall put it here but try yell.com

Steve Marsh, Luton, Beds, [email protected]
Hi ya,

Just to let you know that I work for Aplan Insurance, and we can do some very competitive rates for mgs.

Give us a call if you want a quote.

A-Plan Insurance

84, Queensway, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK2 2RU
Tel: 01908 271771

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
MG Deano said:
cheers, i odnt think u did double post as i saw your first and it wasnt full in detail so i reckon u must have replied to your own and added the details.
Yep, prob meant to edit. As Pete says, put it down to age.

·
Registered
mg_tf
170 Posts
I found Elephant to be cheapest and will allow mods as long as they dont increasethe bhp by more than 10% of the factory spec - asked them last June I think - dont know if its changed since.

I am 33+ full NC's

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
MG Deano said:
elephant are no good for me....just on the phone now at churchill. they are terrible for modifications. i have had to spend over ten minutes trying to explain my rear lights!!! they dont seem to understand teh concept of a brake light unit and not a bulb.
I had the same problem with em when I rang to check out hoops/hard top implications, they did come back and say no additional premium tho, which was nice ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts