MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
mg_tf
Discussion Starter #1
Massive thanks to Paul at Technozen, he very quickly diagnosed a faulty central locking relay in my 2005 TF160, posted the Pecktron unit off on Tuesday of this week, he replaced all 5 relays, and it was back this morning, now back in the car and all good, fantastic service, and he provided the EKA code as well 馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎

Registered
Yes he's done two TF scus for me, having been a source of advice for the original 'lockout problems'
(If I'd known of his expertise before I hammered out the passenger lock (through the top of the door - which succeeded to get the doorcard off) then paid 1 hour's rate for a wiring check on the replacement lock, I'd have saved a fortune:()
Recently he's given valuable advice about the workings of the replacement TF's coolant temp sensor and the gauge now reads as it should :) Subsequently a jammed driver door-lock-with-key episode refocused my mind and I sent this scu off to receive his relay upgrade magic. He provided the missing EKA code on this TF and offered to delete the super-lock as well. I wish I'd taken it up but, hey-ho, we live and learn...

Registered
...forgot to mention he diagnosed a faulty ecu when I got my latest Chinese TF. The loud engine fan was whirring almost continuously and it was running like a sick pig.
Torque app had advised 'internal control module memory check sum issue'. He returned it at no cost...

Registered
mgf
He programmed 2 fobs and provided my EKA for me a while ago. Great service and really quick turnaround. Highly recommend him.

Registered
He recently helped me likewise. I sent him the SCU, he extracted the EKA code that I did not have, replaced three original relays (two were already replacements), fitted a new receiver that has improved the fob range and ran diagnostics to see if he could work out why my BBUS alarm kept sounding. It turns out the SCU was programmed to sound the horns, so presumably the BBUS didn't always know whether the car was locked or unlocked, and when I tried starting the car the SCU took the voltage drop to be a theft attempt. The SCU was also not programmed to operate the rear fogs, which accounted for the unsightly switch attached to the fuse box lid by my knees. Clearly the SCU had never been correctly programmed for the actual car. 2009 post-LE model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts