MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a rover 200 mk3 its an S plate and i was wonderin if the boot lock is suposed to work with the central locking on the doors please help

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
red-rascle said:
iv got a rover 200 mk3 its an S plate and i was wonderin if the boot lock is suposed to work with the central locking on the doors please help
I don't think so, thats why there is a metal button on the outside to open the boot, the 200/25 was criticised by magazines for lacking the ability to open the boot using the key fob - you can also open it from the inside of course.

This was only rectified with the 2004 facelift 25 range which got boot lock/unlock from the key fob, however the external release button on the tailgate was lost instead:(

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
red-rascle said:
thankyou for the info ill have to find another way to do it
No problems, anytime - if you have lots of queries may I recommend posting in the ask the gurus section. - you will receive a quick response there.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blend

mark cleland said:
can also recommend the guru section

re above "find another way" to do what?
another way to lock the boot theres no nothing gona be there when its smooth but sayin that the boot release would do the job anyway once on a solinoid i think

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
i think this thread has been read wrong

the blip does unlock the boot, but you still need the button for the release mechanism, if you want to remove this you will as said need a solenoid or some type of internal pull, someone a while back did this by converting a boot pull from a laguna

andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts