MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just joined the forum as I have just totally fallen in love with a beautiful MGF....there is just one problem however: I am 6ft6...will this ever work? I read something about changing the seatsprings which will give an extra ½ inch and to change the steering wheel to a later Mini (the real classic one).

Now, I will not drive huge distance with the car and probably most of the time I will be behind the wheel with a great smile on my face...but what solutions are there to get best of both worlds? (driving one of the most beautiful cars and doing that sort of comfortably too)

Regards,

Michel

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Have you sat in an MGF yet? Was it uncomfortable?
I know of some taller folks on here that have no probs with height.
I would recommend sitting in one first. The driving position is quite different to a mini (I've had 3 minis, LOVE 'EM!)

I'm "only" 6 foot myself, and the biggest problem I have with the car is seeing under the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,162 Posts
I am 6' 2" and am having no problems at all. I have considered the 1/2" lowering kit but think that it may be a waste of time in my case.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It depends where you are tall!! Long in leg or in body. I'm your average 6 footer, and dont have any problems, I tend sit with the seat reclined slightly, and my seat pulled forward a bit, which lowers your head a bit

·
Registered
34 Posts
6'4" and just fit, although I have to crouch a bit with the roof up. As far as I can tell the lowering kit just changes the springs to pull the cushion down a bit, but if my 18 stone doesn't push it down as far as it can go I can't see a spring doing it!

·
Registered
226 Posts
i am also six foot, I just fit also, but my solution was to cut my feet off! It does work, as I have stuck some artificial lowered feet onto each pedal, and now I just put my stumps in them and away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
i am also six foot, I just fit also, but my solution was to cut my feet off! It does work, as I have stuck some artificial lowered feet onto each pedal, and now I just put my stumps in them and away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strange, very strange.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I'm 6' 4" and have no problems. I have noticed though that a Mk1 MGF definitely has less room for a taller person than a Mk2 or MG TF so you might like to bear this in mind.

Lancsman

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Mk2 (99 onwards I think) has an adjustable steering wheel and thinner seats, which seemed to make a lot of difference. I just have to make sure I keep my hands well placed on the wheel, as I can't get my hand to fit between the wheel and my left leg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts