MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up to this - 512k broadband and bundled Talk 3 telephone service which gives free calls to any UK landline all day, every day (max duration 70 minutes) and all other calls undercutting BT. Cost: £25 per month.

Paperwork and (free) modem + 2 line splitters arrived safe and sound and it took 5 minutes to get up and running.

Once logged on I found that I was getting 1.1M bps, not the 512k I was paying for. Very impressed.

Without the Talk 3 the service is about £20 per month - but if you spend more than £5 per month on phone calls then the maths speak for themselves.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
That sounds too good to be true ! ... I am currently with PlusNet and want to upgrade to 1MBit unlimited ... currently on 512 but am wondering if they might bring the price down in the new year... I pay £22 a month at the moment ... which is good coz I get 250Mb of webspace and stuff too.... the 1MBit service is £30 a month...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Talk Talk is the ISP. It's run by Carphone Warehouse and they have rented a huge amount of BT's bandwidth so that they can undercut BT on both ISP and telephone packages.

Even if you don't want broadband, you can sign up (for free) to Talk Talk 1 which undercuts BT telephone rates by 10% and allows you to get 30% off the number that you use for your dial up ISP. At £19.99 per month that's cheaper than the deal I have (but you only get free calls to other Talk Talk users).

www.talktalk.co.uk/broadband

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It seems that alot have moved away because of the ammout of downloading that your allowed to do, BT was the first to introduce this as far as i can remember, they tried to introduce it onto NTL, but that idea was scrapped, and i have been told that next year NTL will be giving more speed for there current users, it looks like they may be dropping the 300k service and upgrading them to 750k or 1mb, and the 750k and 1mb users now will be given 2mb, it may just be NTL shouting there mouths off, and nothing will come of this, only time will tell, ( i just hope that if i get another free speed increase the also give me more upload speed) as its rather poor at the moment.........

BT will have to learn, that they cant control the amount of downloads on there dsl, as people will catch on, and shift to others who dont do this limited download rubbish, seems there is only a few who do this, BT being the main contender

1 - 8 of 8 Posts