MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if I am supposed to unzip the glass rear screen and put it somewhere I wanna take my top off! (ooohh err!) ??????

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
AFAIA, you do not have to remove the rear screen, that is one of the plus points about the 05 model. Does it not tell you in your manual ??.

·
Registered
mg_zr
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
petevick said:
AFAIA, you do not have to remove the rear screen, that is one of the plus points about the 05 model. Does it not tell you in your manual ??.
Cant find it in the manual nope it just says how to unclip the main brackets by the sun visors! hehe

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Malakite said:
Cant find it in the manual nope it just says how to unclip the main brackets by the sun visors! hehe
hmmm, not improved the manual much then! anyway, you don't have to unzip (I never unzip my plastic one, unless the hood is staying down for more than a day).

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I thought I read somewhere you had to unzip it to lay it flat or the hood woouldn't fold, maybe that was wrong.

Jonathan

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Loaky said:
I thought I read somewhere you had to unzip it to lay it flat or the hood woouldn't fold, maybe that was wrong.

Jonathan
Thats for us plastic rear screen owners (the superior ones).The manual states thats what you should do but a lot of people dont bother.Im pretty sure the glass screen on the 05 just folds down with the hood as you can see it has a special shape to it to fit into the rear parcel shelf.
If Seamaster is around he will be able to confirm/deny this as his is the 05...and Im full of the flu at the moment....4 days and counting...so Ive no idea what Im talking about anymore.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
the roof should be allowed to drop without having to unzip the glass. its apointless job as the reason glass has been used is to replace the crappy plastic screen and the need to unzip.
the reason there is still a zipper there is so u can still drop the glass screen but keep the roof up. its a handy circulation thing, bit like a freelander, so u can keep the hot sun off u and still get wicked run thru of cool air.

but i would suggest dropping for the first time with a bit of caution, just in case!!!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 8 of 8 Posts