MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,230 Posts
Yes i wud defo go the T16 rooute, they are a great foundation for power if ya slowly want to increase it.

Rsm do conversion and a also have a 400bhp bubble turbo, as an example of there work.

Sie

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
If the bubble 200 RSM had at the Waterman was anything to go by, get your wallet out - it was pretty quick!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Depends on what you want. For a track day car, £2k will get you something that will piss all over a T series transplant.

If you want outright straight line speed and bugger the handling, then T series is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Stu said:
Depends on what you want. For a track day car, £2k will get you something that will piss all over a T series transplant.

If you want outright straight line speed and bugger the handling, then T series is the way to go.
You still havent been taken out in a well setup T16 engine'd car yet Stu? or your trackdays have straights that are less than 100m long?

A T16 car will piss over a VVC in all areas IMO, IME and on paper.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Although reading again, i guess sticking £2k into a VVC car is likely to make a faster car than spending £2k+ on getting a T16 into the car. Could Tune VVC well for £2k aswell as decent suspension and a bigger brake setup. :D

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yep, I do mean having spent that kind of money.

A reasonably modded VVC will keep up with a Turbo T in the twisty bits, but get blitzed on the straights. But anyone can plant their right foot.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Stu said:
Yep, I do mean having spent that kind of money.

A reasonably modded VVC will keep up with a Turbo T in the twisty bits, but get blitzed on the straights. But anyone can plant their right foot.
In the wet in the twistes.... TorSen owns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts