MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are differences in the cams BUT would the rest of the head be suited. IE valves/Compression ect?

My Coupe turbo project seems to be going backwards at the moment. Not happy with the work that had been done by previous owner so Had head off on friday. The head is a state, the valves have a thick crust on them.

So thought id have more luck finding just a 2.0l head rather than a 2.0l turbo and I'd put another head onto it.
Or at the very least replace the valves. IF i can find any!

·
Registered
464 Posts
oil feed only needs to be dilled into block for the turbo, not the head.

cams are different in a non turbo head too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah no my car is already a turbo. A quick run down I bought a Non runner. He had, had a go at putting new head on it but didnt time it up.

Timed it up and got it running but some things I was not happy with. 2 Threads damaged on HEad for exhaust manifold.
Took head off and valves have masses of build up on exhaust valves. So I either want to renew valves and get head checked or get a low mileage 220 head and swap cams over.

·
Registered
464 Posts
RoverT220Lee said:
Ah no my car is already a turbo. A quick run down I bought a Non runner. He had, had a go at putting new head on it but didnt time it up.

Timed it up and got it running but some things I was not happy with. 2 Threads damaged on HEad for exhaust manifold.
Took head off and valves have masses of build up on exhaust valves. So I either want to renew valves and get head checked or get a low mileage 220 head and swap cams over.
try rovertech.net mate. definete answers over there

R

·
0 Posts
Don't chuck the exhaust valvces - they are unique to the turbo.
The inlets are the same and so is the basic head casting.

Swap your valves (after cleaning) and cams and you are done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts