MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam about to overhaul the top end on my 600 ti and i was just wondering about these killinger gasket set,,,were's the best and cheapest place to get these sets from and do gasket manufactures like payern and elring produce them,and does anybody no the gasket kit code....thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
i can sell you a genuine elring klinger 4 layer uprated headgasget including delivery for 40 pounds :)

most places that sell them say that they are klinger head gasgets but are not the genuine product and arnt as good

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Klinger and Elring are the same thing as they bought them out I think.
Are you after just a headgasket or do you want the full headset?
Also if you want the full headset you need to know what valve stem seals you have as there are different types/heights and what the cam cover gaskets are made from as again there are different types (fibre or rubber).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so the best thing for me to do is take off the rocker cover and check these differentses before i order one...i have ask this question to the seller and hes told me hes does 2 set and that this set is for the 96 and on as mine is an 98 ti and the pre 96 has these differents gaskets and stem seal....
i can not see the point in just fitting the head gasket on its own wile its off may as fit the complete set....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
order all my bits today,i ended up buying a top end payern gasket kit.
there were two different sets listed standard and heavy duty i had the hd one,plus new head bolts and cam belt all for £110 all in..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all done now runs a treat,but good god it took me longer to change the aircon compresser pump than it took to change the head gasket...
o and its the honda engine not the k series.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,913 Posts
I have had several "Elring" Multilayer gaskets from this supplier for my T16 Turbos.... no problems whatsoever. I believe Elring were the original suppliers of th so called "Klinger" gaskets to UNIPART when they were part of the Rover Group. As ever, it's the careful preparation of the head-block interface surfaces which ensure a good cylinder head gasket job. Skip or rush that preparation and the best gasket in the world will have less chance of giving long term reliable service.

all done now runs a treat,but good god it took me longer to change the aircon compresser pump than it took to change the head gasket...
o and its the honda engine not the k series.
Nice when that happens.

You're right ... If your car is a Rover 620ti it's certainly not the K~Series. However, you are wrong about the Honda engine ID. It should be the Rover T~Series. If your car has R O V E R written across the plug cover then it's a Rover engine. Old Soichiro Honda would NEVER allow anyone to put their name on a Honda engine.

huh ... are you saying you ti is honda powered ?
I believe he is ..... it's a very common misconception. Two 620ti and Vitesse turbo I've bought over the years were advertised by their previous owners as having a "fabulous and reliable turbocharged Honda engine". For a laugh, I told the vendor of the Vitesse that if his car had a Honda engine, I was not interested in completing the purchase. Of course it did not and the deal was done. However, I do not think he believed me about the origin of his car's engine ...:lol:

After all, if a Rover has a good engine, then it must be a Honda one .. stands to reason ....:)

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
The general rule is, if it is in a 600 and has a turbo then it is a rover engine.
If it has no turbo then it is a honda engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The general rule is, if it is in a 600 and has a turbo then it is a rover engine.
If it has no turbo then it is a honda engine.
well this is what i was told its to do with the lenght of the head bolts....if they go all the way throught to the main bearings its a rover,,,and if they only go into the block 2" its a honda,,,,,,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts