MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
am currently spending more time on rovertech at moment, raking though the archives :shake:
But not getting many responses/answers to one of my posts, it's pretty dead over( I know it's 4.10am but it's been like that all day), only seen a max of 20 users at a time on, can you guys follow up on it

either post back here or if u have an account on rovertech post there

heres a link - http://www.rovertech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=464565#464565

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rally Rover and I from here are doing a conversion on his.

He currently has a 1.4 91 Shell which we are transferring a 2.0 from a Doner shell which is a 96 Coupe.

So far its not been too much of a ball ache. The engine/gearbox mounts are totally different but we are due to drill off the 1.4 mounts any time now.
The 2.0 l ones seem to bolt onto the chassis rails. (We are just hoping the holes are have the encapsulated nuts on them)
Loom wise i'd go for one which is pretty much a straight swap. We are taking the loom from the coupe just disregarding the SRS looms/fuses and ABS gear.

RR should be taking the loom out some point this week HOPEFULLY LABELLING WELL but then we can transfer it into his shell and start getting the lump back into its new home.

As yours is from an 820. Mounts will possibly different. We are using the subframes from the coupe as they have completly different mountings for the T - Series.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the 820 engine/box mounts different, hence i need the 220 subframe/mounts.
Am really just wanting to clear up anything i may have missed out on the list

ps. if u need any technical guides let me know via e-mail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts