MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fitted an Ice warning kit to the ZS 180 and the pictures of a fuse box in the instruction are for a Rover 400 , mine looks nothing like it , so i need a Live and earth to use , have to be switched by ignition

Thanks Carl

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had thought about that but it involves diggin out the center console , s the box of tricks is next to the fuse box i was thinking of "t"ing into one of the wires from the multiplugs above the fuse box

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
649 Posts
Have you got a Haynes manual for your car? They usually have wiring diagrams at the back (if one was made for your car).

Or find what colour the wires are on the cigerette lighter and then find them again at the fuse box.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I took a wire from the fused side of the wiper fuse when I needed a switched live.
I simply wedged the bu&&er in with the fuse itself. Bit of a bodge, but it works fine and is secure enough and out of the way once the wire is sorted. It also fuses it so is protected too.

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I been on to a mate with a Rave disc at work and he informs me that the diagram in there is for a rover 400 which has 1 mulit plug in the center of the fuse box , the one on my ZS has 3 plugs across the top of the fuse box - none of which look like the plug in the diagram.

Does anyone have a zero temp indicator fitted to a rover 45 ? of so there should be some wires crimped into the plugs above the fuse box and this is what i need

Cheers CARL

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this seams to have died does no one know the wiringor have a diagram of the 45 fuse box ?

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
technozen your a star , but thats the same fuse box as the diagram I have and mine dont look like it ! ill take a piccy of mine in a min and post it up , I thought taht was a rover 400 box

Is the ZS 180 fuse box different to the rest ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
why not buy a cheap multi meter from the car shop or a local maplins ?

you could find a suitable feed with it plus have it for future use if the need arrives

just a thought and cheaper than a haynes manual

·
Registered
mg_zs
222 Posts
carlofbrigg said:
just fitted an Ice warning kit to the ZS 180 and the pictures of a fuse box in the instruction are for a Rover 400 , mine looks nothing like it , so i need a Live and earth to use , have to be switched by ignition

Thanks Carl
Just a thought, does the picture in the instructions refer to the fuse box in the engine bay?

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no mate - the actual instructions for mine are for a metro , mini and wedge shape 200 :lol: so they aint much use , mates had a look at Rave disc at work and it shows the fuse box in the above oicture which most certainly aint mine.

I have a meter , I just wondered if someone else had a kit fitted if they could see were it was conected or ill have to start stabbin ing the meter probes

·
Registered
466 Posts
Use a bit of wire and a side light bulb, connect one end to an earth point, and with the ignition on poke the other end of the wire into the multi plugs, when the bulb lights, turn the ignition off, if the bulb gose out you have a switched power sorce. I presume this ice detector thing dosent take much power? If it dose you might want to add a relay in there with a perminant live wire running to it>:taz:

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
na it dont use much power at all its fused with a 1 amp fuse so its a straight wire in job , ill have a poke with the meter on my day off - ill post the result so we all know were to look

1 - 18 of 18 Posts