MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a spare drivers and passanger seat in half leather which I am hoping to sell on ebay shortly. The drivers seat has a small rip in it or at least the beginings of a tare.

I am unsure if I should put it on as is, or if it was possible to swap the passanger seat to drivers seat and sell 1 perfect drivers seat. I just feel more people will be interested in buying 1 perfect drivers seat than 2 seats with a rip in the drivers?!

So...2 questions i suppose

1. How do you think i should sell the lot?

2. Is it possible to swap driver and passanger seat?

Kind Regards
Chris

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Would the handle to release the seat sliding adjustment be a problem as they are on different sides of each seat?

Chris, stick them on e bay with an honest description and pics if money is not an issue. Someone may want just one seat and buy them both. They will sell.

I saw someone buy and an old fashioned tin opener for for a fiver when you could get new ones for 99p :bgrin:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a good response when I sold a passenger seat on Ebay a few months ago, try it ...... there are still a few cigarette smokers out there

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
You can swop the 'seats' around as everthing is transferable from on side of the seat to the other..... Except the seat sub frames which are 'handed'..

So you would need to remove each seat from it's sub frame and transfer them over!.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
You can swop the 'seats' around as everthing is transferable from on side of the seat to the other..... Except the seat sub frames which are 'handed'..

So you would need to remove each seat from it's sub frame and transfer them over!.
what about the rake adjustment Mark :confused:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete.... under the adjuster knob and cover is the gearing which moves the rake of the seat, this gearing is also on the otherside of the seat, you just need to swop the knob and cover over!.:)
Guys the seats are infront of me as removed from my car. I`m confused...all this talk about rake, knobs and covers.

SOrry, could someone just give me a bit more detail what I need to do exactly.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts