MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im from just outside swansea, does any rover owners meet up around the area for meets etc? If not should we all start having them?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've just moved out to uni in Swansea from London, so I suppose i'll be spending alot more time in the Wales section lol..

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Croeso i Abertawe Mullac :broon:

there's something very shiny under the grill of your 200 there Mullac - don't look too standard to me!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Nice - I had a standard 103bhp L-series 400 for over 100k miles and loved it - a lot better car than it's generally perceived to be.

The little 200 is plenty quick enough as a standard SDi weighin almost a quarter of a ton less than a 400, so an extra 30% of oomph must be pretty entertaining :D In-gear acceleration has got to be nuts too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
We've a meet of the 75 & ZT Club at the mumbles on the 7th November, if anyone wants to pop along?

I am at Uni in Swansea too!

Regards,

Jake

·
Registered
28 Posts
MG ZT . . . . Mature student Jake? :)

Tell me it's a diesel and we'll know you're way ahead of your time too ;)
It sadly get's worse! My first car was 54 Plate ZT-T Diesel, which I recently sold... Cash in the bank for a 260, however my wheels when not at Uni is a 75 Contemporary Tourer

I know, I'll get my coat!:discostu:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
. . . Cash in the bank for a 260 . . . . .
Ah - a petrol head at heart with enough patience to plan and wait - what's the time-scale for getting yourself a V8?

If and when you do get a 260, provided you intend keeping it long-term, convert it to run on LPG, it does pay in the long run - it has on my KV6 180 for the last 85k miles :)

. . . and a "croeso i Abertawe" to you too :broon:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts