MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The old cliche, It's like busses. None for a while and two close together......

After another successful meet at Kemble we are looking to meet further south to reach more members at a location we have not been to before.

I'd like to invite you all to Portishead on Saturday 10 September. To assemble from 12noon onwards

(The Beach front as pictured in Augusts thread @ The Lawn Tennis Club, Esplanade Rd Portishead, North Somerset BS20 9HB)

Dave

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The old cliche, It's like busses. None for a while and two close together......

After another successful meet at Kemble we are looking to meet further south to reach more members at a location we have not been to before.

I'd like to invite you all to Portishead (exact to be confirmed) on Saturday 10 September.

Dave
I'll be there :)

·
Registered
rover_200_95_99
18 Posts
Ok some silly questions here, I like a good meet up with new people, and Im new to the Rover world, any specs on who can attend i.e cars that have been modded ect or is it a nice free for all. I do ask because a previous club we had a few new memebers and our co-ordinator of a meet up didnt speak to them because they had un modded Jap cars, but I got 3 great friends from it :) more fool him.

·
Registered
rover_25
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok some silly questions here, I like a good meet up with new people, and Im new to the Rover world, any specs on who can attend i.e cars that have been modded ect or is it a nice free for all. I do ask because a previous club we had a few new memebers and our co-ordinator of a meet up didnt speak to them because they had un modded Jap cars, but I got 3 great friends from it :) more fool him.
No prejudice here mate. This is purely a gathering of people from the forum (+friends) that share a common interest in Rover and MG cars regardless of their condition or spec. All we ask is there is no silly behaviour to speak of that would in some how jeperdise meeting in the locations again - simples.

Would love to see some new members.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
As I live in portishead and the seafront is a mile or so away .... would be rude to say no, so Im in :broon:

Smoogle, keep looking in this section of the forum mate as there are some from time to time. :)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
well i have turned up in a 206 - with more dents in it than a banger racer....

but may be turning up in a new shape Festa, Yaris, ZS or the (scarily faithfulful) 206

is a lottery with me :rofl:
I May aswell bring my workvan :rofl:[/QUOTE] free for alllll

·
Registered
mg_zr
68 Posts
Portishead Meet

As I live in Worle.....yes count me in......This will be my first meet with the
club .
Please can you advise as to what time .

Thanks

·
Registered
rover_25
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what time? :)
I'll update the first post with the time. I was waiting to see the response as to guess-timate travelling time.

Lunch time (noon) is the usual. It will take about 30-40mins from Swindon but I expect I'll be in the are much earlier to make a few hours of it and a walkaround.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'll update the first post with the time. I was waiting to see the response as to guess-timate travelling time.

Lunch time (noon) is the usual. It will take about 30-40mins from Swindon but I expect I'll be in the are much earlier to make a few hours of it and a walkaround.
30/40 mins Dave? More like 15 in your turbo!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts