MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he all just browsing ebay and came across this dunno if any 1 els has seen it but there is a SV X for sale man i never wanted 36K so bad I'm thinking of robbing a bank !!!!! BTW thats a joke :fishslap: Item number: 320090174540

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
wow! what a car, how many of those were made?

As far as I remember only a 150 ish some of which were LHD and some I think were left unfinished. I seen that add a couple of days ago and thought that's pretty reasonable but not when MGR were selling them off after they went bust for £40k brand new.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I'd commit murder for one of those.

I think I'm correct in saying it's another car the 'esteemed' JC rubbished on TG.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTgm-Zg_oM

Clarkson said:
This fabulous looking 2-seater
Clarkson said:
It goes like a jet-fighter
Clarkson said:
1000 brake horse power! And you needn't worry about the chassis not being able to take that kind of power because it's poised, it's balanced, but most of all it's just... so much fun
Clarkson said:
This is just terrific
Clarkson said:
I have now finished recording everything I need to say about this car but.. err. no harm in a couple more... err *bump*
Clarkson said:
This was fabulous
Clarkson said:
The noise and the spped and the looks and the handling - absolutely adored it
I know... Scathing, wasn't it.... :rolleyes:

Still, I wonder if the bank's still open - I need to speak to them about a remortgage...

·
Registered
mg_zt
1,311 Posts
I would well buy one of them. Only 2 years salary! lets face it, thats tempting :)

does anyone on .org own one? (or been in one?)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I would well buy one of them. Only 2 years salary! lets face it, thats tempting :)

does anyone on .org own one? (or been in one?)

I can't remember who but there is a forum member who drives an SV. I have sat in one at the motorshow I thought the interior was fine, apart from the glove box and door handles which both came from a 75 but not really a bad thing, I guess it made the SV a genuine part of the range with componant sharing.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
I can't remember who but there is a forum member who drives an SV. I have sat in one at the motorshow I thought the interior was fine, apart from the glove box and door handles which both came from a 75 but not really a bad thing, I guess it made the SV a genuine part of the range with componant sharing.
SteveChilds brought one to a Waterman meet a couple of years ago and spent the whole day blatting about in it :bgrin:

until it was slightly overshadowed by a DB9 that pulled in behind it..

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
SteveChilds brought one to a Waterman meet a couple of years ago and spent the whole day blatting about in it :bgrin:

until it was slightly overshadowed by a DB9 that pulled in behind it..
Well a DB9 is the most beautiful car ever built, the SV was never in that class but it was probably the hardest looking car ever built, and for that reason alone it is a genuine supercar. I personally would be equally happy with either, Back to my earlier point I noticed a post a few days back and there was a guy and next to his avitar it stated his car as an SV, lucky sod, so who is he?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Doesn't the SV have MG-R mirror but the fold in, I dont know why I but I think that looks really cool, quite a few BMws i see have it too.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I think total sales were about 36, but there may have been more built than actually sold- if stock got liquidated later on. IIRC, there were also a few unfinished cars when things went to the wall in 2005.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts