MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people's, i got a rover 25 with standard shocks and springs,and im getting my car ready for the summer to fit the cadamuro body kit.Due to this modifcation, im not going to be racing around much LOL just cruisin , but I need to know what springs preferably can fit on my car without it being too low.

I am scared of Speed humps :haha:,and dont want the bodykit to rub when im slowy going over them.But still having the low look

p.s oviously im fitting alloys as well before the body kit,(17" 7")please account for this aswell!!!

Thanks people' s

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
best option to keep ur kit protected would be ZR springs, this would be a 10-15mm drop, otherwise you're best bet is to go for coilovers. any ZR springs will drop you 10mm+whatever drop is advertised, any 200 springs will drop you 10mm less than advertised

andy

·
Registered
rover_25
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AndBurG said:
best option to keep ur kit protected would be ZR springs, this would be a 10-15mm drop, otherwise you're best bet is to go for coilovers. any ZR springs will drop you 10mm+whatever drop is advertised, any 200 springs will drop you 10mm less than advertised

andy
So if i get
(MG ZR 105 1.4 SUSPENSION SPRINGS KIT - PI MG ZR 105 1.4 2001>LOWERS APPROX - 30mm)

this will be ok?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
a 40mm drop (10mm+30mm)will be low on a cadamuro kit, you will have problems with speedbumps and multistorey car parks

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
i have seen ZR's lowered 35mm with the cad kit on and not scrape

you just have to go slowly and take them at an angle not seen them tackel a multistory yet tho

·
Registered
rover_25
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Master Yoda said:

you just have to go slowly and take them at an angle not seen them tackel a multistory yet tho
Yeh it would be good for it to be dat low ,but i got ******* (humps) round my way,not the smooth ones. and i hava a nack for going down back roads when diverting traffic.(London)

and you know those humps come out of now where!!!

if you can post some link's of pics,of zr's & 25's which are lowered and still get over humps!!!(with specifaction's of springs) im trying to make up my mind!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
IMO, i think you either want it looking mean and low or end up like looking like a beach buggy :( sorry if it sounds harsh and i know exactly what you are contending with, but unless you get hydraulics, i think you've gotta lower! you know it will look right! ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
get a good pairing of springs and dampers, a real hard ride an you will be ok, oh and go over speed bumps at an angle, gives the people behind a good laugh but who cares. The people where I worked always raced to get out of the car park before me because I went so slow. Anyway good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
rover_25
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damme road humps!!!!!!!!!

Seeeeeeee what i mean guys!!!! the car body kit looks sweet,but it needs to be lowered to get that bad boy look.

hmmmmm:idea: :idea: :idea:

see now im going to go for some (good) but cheap 18" to fill those gaps a little, and also get the standard zr springs to lower it 15mm lol ahahahaha:lol:

That should do it!!!!I hope!!!!Will it!!!?????

·
Registered
466 Posts
It will be fine just go easy, like you said its gonna be a crusing car not a street racer. Just take a look in my gallery its lowered 35 at the front with the later pics having 18"s and the othere are 17"s, and the worst it got from speed bumps was a scrape on the underside, which you cant see.
Oh appart from the time I drove over a brick in the middle of the road :banghead: but how often is that gonna happen.
http://gallery.mg-rover.org/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/4041

·
Registered
rover_25
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok im still going for my 18"s and zr springs

But i don think you lot know what kind of humps these are lol:lol:

These are the ones which have no slope to lead the top of the hump.Just plain humps lol

but its cool

im going to have to to do a Knight rider style with the car on two wheels only.

dat should do it, but naa serious im am going to go slow seriously slow .

·
Registered
466 Posts
those sort of humps require a different approch. Roll slowly towards them, not breaking into it, then boot it when your front end is on the final approch, thus lifting the front end up a little.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Master Yoda said:

Mine is lowered 35mm and has a similar kit to the cadamuro and speed bumps are not a problem. They would be if I had crappo shocks, but if you get some decent shocks you won't be bouncing your car off the tarmac.

All i have sustained is a little scuff on the valance at the back which was my own fault coming off a kerb. Carparks are not a problem neither are those ridiculous speed humps which are just a big block in the road. If you take it slow you should be fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts