MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just visited my MG/Rover dealer to show support and let them know what's being organised on the Forum.
I think it's important to keep dealer confidence up right now.
Had a chat with the guys and it appears sales are holding up surprisingly well.
I can assure everyone here that all our efforts are appreciated.
Luffield of Derby are MGR to the bone.
Visit your dealer today.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Been in today to sort the servicing of the Coupe out for next month.

Was actually quite busy down there with plenty of people milling around.

They were quite upbeat, but felt very much in the dark like the rest of us.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Stu said:
Been in today to sort the servicing of the Coupe out for next month.

Was actually quite busy down there with plenty of people milling around.

They were quite upbeat, but felt very much in the dark like the rest of us.
Yeah I can echo that.

My local dealer was very busy and it seemed like Business As Usual - until you see the sign saying that no warranty work would be undertaken. Had a chat with them, and as you say Stu, they are as much in the dark as everyone.

·
Registered
250 Posts
xpower_boy said:
is it true that the phoenix dealers have shut down. the websites arent working.www.phoenix-cars.com try and it wont work. bromsgrove, coventry, muswell hill, chorley and preston all have phoenix dealers.
if that's the case, I feel sorry for anyone who has placed a deposit with them for a new car. Guess that's just one more piece of this mess for the administrators then.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
xpower_boy said:
is it true that the phoenix dealers have shut down. the websites arent working.www.phoenix-cars.com try and it wont work. bromsgrove, coventry, muswell hill, chorley and preston all have phoenix dealers.
Phoenix in Romford was open about an hour ago, because I drove past it.

Why do you assume that they have closed down just because the website isn't working. Yet more speculation from you xpower_boy. Could you stick to facts in future!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Pheonix dealers haven't closed down. I was in one today and it was pretty much business as usually with people swanning round the cars and phones busy ringing. I spoke to the chap on parts desk who informed me they can't actually order in parts at the moment because their account was frozen however I happily acquired parts already stocked and he told me an independent franchise would be able to sort me out with ordering the rest of the parts in.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
EssexMGR said:
Why do you assume that they have closed down just because the website isn't working. !
No speculation, just reporting that the site is definitely "cannot find server" at this time.

Have been pretty busy today so couldn't visit Phoenix (Hatfield). Will make a point of saying Hi to them on Monday.

·
Registered
989 Posts
EssexMGR said:
Phoenix in Romford was open about an hour ago, because I drove past it.

Why do you assume that they have closed down just because the website isn't working. Yet more speculation from you xpower_boy. Could you stick to facts in future!
what do u mean speculation. i didnt know if they were open or not. phoenixs garages are owned by mg rover group ltd and arent private so i didnt know.:mad:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
I like the principle of supporting the dealers and, in principle, the good and worthy dealers out there truly deserve it. Unfortunately, my 2 local dealers are badly priced and demonstrate a level of customer care that had me taking my wallet elsewhere on several occasions (including the 1 time my 400 let me down and I needed a new guide pin for a rear caliper - a week for a VOR part was a joke).

DD

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Not knowing the full rundown...but parts delays might seem to be the dealers fault, whereas they more often than not are totally out of their hands.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts