MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people
Need your valued advice please

I am looking to get a new exhaust for my VVC F.
I have heard that the exhaust system that Brown and Gammon can provide has a very sweet sound, almost ferrari'ish.
It is the SUPER SPORTS EXHAUST and is meant to Offer substantial improvement in power and the true sports car exhaust note.
I think Moss Europe supply the same exhaust. It can be found here http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/MossUK/ProductList.aspx?SubSubCategoryID=MGF_UMGF100

The intruding noise will not bother me, i do not do a lot of motor way driving and would love to have a great sounding zorst.

Does anyone have this exhaust, or know of anyone that has it?
or another comparable exhaust with same qualities?

I have tinkered with the idea of getting a zorst for so long and I have finally put the money by to get one, and I want to make sure I get the right one.

Ideally if anyone has any sound clips of the above exhaust or any comparable then that would be great.
(I know this is a duplicate thread, however my recent plea for help went un-noticed :sad2: and I am looking to pick "an" exhaust up saturday or early next week)

Many Thanks in advance

·
Registered
mg_zt
225 Posts
Ive read that the exhaust made by Mike Satur offers the best increase in peformance, 5bhp if memory serves me correct,

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
i Have the SP and it makes a lovelly Rasp, looks great alaso,and about 8bhp or so extra if you order make sure you mention VVC as i think slightly diff fit, but highly recommend them, i also have Taipan Filter whci is great but if you have't already upgraded filter system you must go for the K&N 571 another few bhp here added also,to compliment the SP, absolute music the ears the roar of the K& N and SP together, Dave

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Echo DCMs comments, have been behind his F and it sounds very sweet!.

Another option is a `Bespoke` system, I am Having one made for my F next week, you get to choose how loud/quiet you want it and also choose what tail pipes you want.

The company thats doing mine is a bit far for you, but I also had a price off a national company called `Powerflow`, (just do a google), again a bespoke system, you choose exactly what you want, and price includes fitting!.

Its a bit more expensive than a `off the shelf one`, but as includes the fitting not to bad, worth a check anyway!.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest the increase in power is just an added bonus.
I am really after just the shweet shweet sound. I have a K&N fitted already and it still makes me grin a year on. I feel as though I want to take my F to a new level in our relationship.
DCM, have you by any chance got a sound clip of your zorst? something you could grab on your phone perhaps?
"god the lad wants the world"

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Jon,i do have a few seconds clip as it happens, 5.72mb one of the guy's took clip back at Xmas when i was leaving the F register dinner, i can email you it if you reply to my email address here [email protected] it opens with windows media player, Dave

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've got the quad Milltek, which I got from B&G, its basically the SP exhaust but with the quad pipe finishers on it, without doubt the best mod to my car, the sound is just fantastic, I would agree it sounds almost Ferrari'ish! I think it looks really good too.

Ian

Attachments

·
Registered
mg_tf
362 Posts
Anybody tried to fit the Twin D.T.M Style Exhaust System to a TF. I really like the look of it, and would like to order one for my TF; but I need to be sure about fitting, before doing so.
Cheers...
Pascal

·
Registered
69 Posts
the exhaust that you are looking at from B&G and Moss is exactly the same part and is made by Milltek sport, it is available with either a quad outlet or twin DTM ( which is really dated now and looks girlyish).....to be quite honest, Magnex and Scorpion make a much better system.....

·
Registered
837 Posts
'to be quite honest, Magnex and Scorpion make a much better system....'

Got to disagree there! had my Milltek now for 6 months, totally transformed the car in terms of sound, looks, and a little performance increase (much and such with the MS daytona). It was a doddle to fit, and the finish on it I think is second to none! I used to have a Scorpion exhaust on my old 220 coupe, it was ok, sounded pretty good etc, but dont feel it was finished as well as the Milltek!

Ian

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Hmm interesting - my earlier post disappeared! I too have a Miltek, sounds fantastic and is extremely well made. I had a look at a few others before settling on the Miltek and they certainly weren't better made. The DTM tailpipes are a matter of taste of course but I definitely wouldn't say they are girlyish!!! I guess they aren't Davet123 flavour of the month! Check out BPR160a.wav.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
IanS said:
I've got the quad Milltek, which I got from B&G, its basically the SP exhaust but with the quad pipe finishers on it, without doubt the best mod to my car, the sound is just fantastic, I would agree it sounds almost Ferrari'ish! I think it looks really good too.

Ian
whats B&G u gotta website?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts