MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling that the lubrication of the tilt/slide sunroof is a service item in my 1999 220D. I've never done it though, and the seal is starting to squeak a bit. Does anyone know what I should use to lubricate it? I was thinking Vaseline or similar, but is there a "proper" product out there?

·
Registered
rover_75
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good plan - I'll buy a spray tomorrow. Don't want to slide the roof back sometime and it take half the seal with it :(

My 72 Triumph Spitfire tends to hog the grease gun, but I'll dig it out of the garage and squirt a dollop into the sunroof mechanism...

·
Registered
rover_75
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried pushing the switch forwards instead of pulling it back? Can't remember how the 400 arrangement works, but if it's got the overhead switches I'm thinking of, pushing the sunroof switch forwards should tilt it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Just had another look at it
there is a button at the side of it that tilts it .

i was always trying to do it whilst driving ...and hadn't noticed the other button.

it works

:)

all the best....mark

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
For the tracks use dry lube - grease on a stick.It makes no mess and stays on the tracks alot longer than oil or other fluid.Spray lubricant is good for the moving bits .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts