MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just finshed puting a 1800 into a rover 214 and got a new batery for it and the next mornin it was flat the alternater does work cuz it starts after i take it out can anyone help? thx also my petrol clock is not going up? anyone no why im new to rovers thx again:)

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
BATTERY DRAIN > Ist thing to check is Alternator output. With engine running, you should have 14.00 volts or a little more showing on a MultiMeter. A faulty alternator can drain a new battery overnight even if the engine is switched off!

How does the red 'battery' charge light appear - on all the time - not on or does it go off immediately engine is started?

The fuel gauge could be a simple loose connector ... after working on a car, it is easy to disturb a connector so that it does not work properly. Check all the sensors and connectors ( those on alternator too) particularly all those that were disturbed during 1800 transplant.

New to Rovers then just finished putting 1800 in ... that's what I call jumping into the deep end big time..... like your style ..;)

Get your Rover sorted and I believe you'll like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soted! the aa came out and used the amp thing it was the horn ? lol so toke the fuse out lol thx u all .....

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
corbett218 said:
soted! the aa came out and used the amp thing it was the horn ? lol so toke the fuse out lol thx u all .....
Bit puzzled by that ... What? .... was the horn...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Rover_King said:
These Rover alternators dont seem all that good.
Nothing to do with Rover, they never made their own alternators anyhow. It's a wear and tear item which every car will need eventually, your Rolls Royce Phantom is just as likely to need a new alternator as a Rover 400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts