MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guesses as to why my sump is leaking in just one corner,going to cornwall in 30 hours, thanks,
this is just another problem in the long list of probs I,ve had with this car, need maximum strength headache tablets now,

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I notice it says classic rover besides your name ........does that mean that your rover is the old cyclops from the 50's.

if its not please tell us what the engine is .

all the best..mark

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry its my newly aquired rover 75 2001 1.8 ltr.its been nothing but hassle since I bought it,which is a shame as its my first 75 and the way I feel about this one I,ve bought,possibly the last one.
the older rover 1972 hasnt caused as much hassle. and my (shush mondeo) didnt break down in the 6 years I had her.but she wasnt as comfy as the 75.
I,ve had my 75 for just over a month and she,s been in the garage more times than shes been on the road.I hope this was just one bad egg,and maybe the next one wont break down as much.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
pity the 75's weren't rear wheel drive ...
just think .rover v8 transplants would be the order of the day .

wonder if the t-series turbo can be put in them .

all the best.mark

·
Registered
685 Posts
Certain the leak isnt higher up and just revealing itself across the sump? Loose hoses will result in leaky engines. You've had a run of problems but it's probably just neglected maintenance from the past that has emerged as soon as you got the car ...battery etc etc .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts