MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the August 2012 camping weekend which took place in Dungarvan there will be an MG-Rover camping weekend on the weekend of the 20th & 21st of July in Wicklow.

It'll take place in Roundwood Caravan & Camping park (Google maps link here) which is in a nice central location and right at the foot of the Wicklow mountains so will make for a nice run on the Sunday.

I'd like to get an idea of numbers by June so that I can let the park know in advance how many of us will be coming so that we can all get a lot together.

The park's website is www.dublinwicklowcamping.com and all the information about pricing and the park itself is listed on there.

If anybody just wants to hook up with us for the run on Sunday then that's no problem at all. Just say so below.

Sure might as well get a list going :)

1. Ryan

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm new to MG's this year (bought an MGF VVC over the winter) so never been to any events. I'd be keen to join you guys on the Sunday run.

Cheers
Alister

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be great to have you Alister :)

I'll recce the route for the run one Sunday in the next couple of weeks, have it mapped out on google maps but want to do a dry run to make sure all is good.

·
Registered
rover_75
2 Posts
Hi Ryan,

I'll join you for the run on sunday. Only live in Tallaght so it will be a nice hop over the mountains!

May as well introduce meself too! My name is Felix, I drive a 2002 75 2.0 CDT Connie. I am a member of the 75&ZT club and have gone to a few of the events up north that Colin_NI has organised :)

Look forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts from the republic!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think I may take a trip over the hills in the Vitesse I'm also in Tallaght so we could run up over the gap I will just have to check I am not in work will let you know in the next few days the joy of shift work

·
Registered
207 Posts
Might have a change of plan I just sold the Vitesse 😪 but you never know I probably will have another rover soon 75 V8 would be nice

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys and gals,

Serious apologies about this but I'm going to have to cancel this...

My F is currently throwing his toys out of the pram and a few jobs need doing to it so it's off the road at the moment. I've been working 6 days a week recently and the Pug 307 I'm using is as boring as hell and I'm missing driving the MG but it'll probably be off the road for another few months yet.

Sorry again about this as I feel pretty bad. Hopefully we'll be able to have a run later in the year (when all our cars are working!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts