MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed a genuine mg-rover subwoofer is available to fit in the boot of the 75/zt.
Can anyone give me any further information on it, the specs ect. Also, how easy would it be to fit, are all the cables already in place ready to add the sub or will it all need wiring in?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Im not happy with the quality of the sound on my new zt, its not really up to standard. Just thought a subwoofer could liven it up a bit.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Phil,

The subwoofer fits under the rear window shelf. You will also have to fit the optional shelf for the subwoofer to fit.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil,

The subwoofer fits under the rear window shelf. You will also have to fit the optional shelf for the subwoofer to fit.

Ok, thought so. Can anyone give any information regarding the wiring for it?

I see there is an optional amplifier which fits on the left hand side of the boot, is this primarily for the subwoofer or for all the speakers?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ive noticed a genuine mg-rover subwoofer is available to fit in the boot of the 75/zt.
Can anyone give me any further information on it, the specs ect. Also, how easy would it be to fit, are all the cables already in place ready to add the sub or will it all need wiring in?

Im not happy with the quality of the sound on my new zt, its not really up to standard. Just thought a subwoofer could liven it up a bit.
Hi Phil,
I would like to hear the replies to this one as i have just bought an 03 ZT-T and although the stereo (don't know the model number) is adequate it does lack bass:( I am thinking of fitting a subwoofer/base box where the spare wheel lives so out of sight and still have boot space left let us know how you get on mate:dunno:
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
You mentioned an optional shelf.

Does this mean the HK upgrade also changed the shelf of the car?

Any issues with a retro fit if you have rear sunblind?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mentioned an optional shelf.

Does this mean the HK upgrade also changed the shelf of the car?

Any issues with a retro fit if you have rear sunblind?

Not really worried about the shelf, I would imagine that wouldnt be a difficult thing to change, im more worried if the looms in place for it, it wouldnt be easy wiring one in.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Not really worried about the shelf, I would imagine that wouldnt be a difficult thing to change, im more worried if the looms in place for it, it wouldnt be easy wiring one in.
Phil,

I'm not sure if the loom is in place as standard, but it's easier than it looks to run the wires to the rear of the car. I recently ran a TV aerial to the rear window and you cannot see the wiring at all. I just followed the genuine wire trail under the carpet.

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
2,237 Posts
didnt i read some where on here the sub wasnt exactly all is was cracked up to be ? might be worht getting an after maket nice install ?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
The Harmon Kardon Sub-Woofer has a slightly different design, and there are different designs for electric rear sunblind equipped cars, and without the sunblind.

The sub-woofer takes a little boot space away, as it sort of hangs down into the boot. If you look in the boot of your 75/ZT, you will see the hole in the middle, where the sub-woofer drops down through from the shelf.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
In the Rover 75 Accessories Brochure (2004), there is Sony XS - AW200X Sub Woofer listed. It is part number XPT002803AC - £173.11 including VAT.

And also Blaupunkt Sub Woofer ARB 8A - Part Number XPT000080ACA - £180.16 including VAT.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
In the Rover 75 Accessories Brochure (2004), there is Sony XS - AW200X Sub Woofer listed. It is part number XPT002803AC - £173.11 including VAT.

And also Blaupunkt Sub Woofer ARB 8A - Part Number XPT000080ACA - £180.16 including VAT.
seems quite a lot

·
Registered
82 Posts

Hi Phil

If the subwoofer sits in the shelf in free air forget it!Speakers need an air mass to act on the rear of the cone to keep it in check otherwise it suffers from over excursion of the cone and all you will get is "pop pop" and not true bass.If you can spare the boot space far better to go for a 12-13" driver in a sealed enclosure and use an amp with some muscle!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Phil

If the subwoofer sits in the shelf in free air forget it!Speakers need an air mass to act on the rear of the cone to keep it in check otherwise it suffers from over excursion of the cone and all you will get is "pop pop" and not true bass.If you can spare the boot space far better to go for a 12-13" driver in a sealed enclosure and use an amp with some muscle!
Hi All,
Sorry to jump in here you mean an enclosed area like the spare wheel well which is where thinking of putting a subwoofer in my ZT-T i think it could be pretty big woofer aswell with no boot space used:D
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
mg_zr
131 Posts
id just get a good 10" sub in a box and put it in the corner of the boot. im just in th process of building a box for my 18" cerwin vega. its going to be close as the box will be 7 cu foot and the zr boot is 7.6 cu foot.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts