MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
Welcome to the Mad house at last 7T5

yes you do get your own picture now but i would wash the car first before useing it :p

Now you have to work out your sig, oh and if you PM Dr Dave he will sort out yr mg-rover.org email addy for you :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
I have been "sponging" from this site for long enough! Time to subscribe.

7T5's post reminded me how invaluable this site is. I reckon its well worth £10.

I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode with the "Stone Cutters" for some strange reason...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Pleased you have subscribed and just to remind all new 75 & ZT Owners Club members you are subscribing to the mg-rover.org forums and not to the owners club. Without the mg-rover.org allowing us to have our forum on here we would be struggling as a club with regard to having a wide selection of members. By subscribing to mg-rover.org you are helping the owners club to keep our forum and to arrange events etc so thanks to all those who do subscribe.

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Shabbs said:
Do you have to subscribe to the forum to get your car pictures on the 75 / ZT owners web site?

Cheers.
Are you talking about the changing picture on the front page of the website? If you are the answer is no The 75 & ZT Owners Club is totally free as is our website.

Ken
 

·
Registered
mg_zt
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
I've also gone and subscribed here, which is only fair considering the ammount of time I spend on here ;) (that, and I wanted to put up a car or 2 for sale :) - I need to sell off my current car and a project car so I have room/money for the 75 but it'll be worth it!)

Will also look into joining the 75 & ZT Owners club too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Herzlos said:
Will also look into joining the 75 & ZT Owners club too.
No need, if you have a 75 or ZT you are a member already. We have a registration procedure coming soon but its not quite ready yet and when it is membership will be free.

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Have happily signed up too as it seems the fair thing to do in response to such an excellent, fun and informative forum.......keep up the great work :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Rover = :) said:
Have happily signed up too as it seems the fair thing to do in response to such an excellent, fun and informative forum.......keep up the great work :)
Showing my ignorance a bit but is the streetfighter the 600, 750 or 1000 GSXR? or is it bigger?

I found once I passed 35 falling off hurt a lot more and took longer to heal. Nowadays I yearn for a bike again but not got the bottle anymore. Not because of my riding but other idiots on the road mostly.

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
LOL Ken.....thanks for the note! :)

After many happy years with various 1100's this is 'just' the 750 watercooled version......(it was so well done I just had to have it)

Luckily I broke my legs, back, arms, ribs, fingers, feet, toes etc years ago so it put everything nicely in perspective for me though now over half a life time further on I have to admit this GSXR only see's the inside of my garage mostly apart from the occasional 'lucky' day :(

On a brighter note, this side of a supercharged Mustang or Spitfire I have never heard anything like it........it sounds gorgeous (if that makes sense).....makes me feel 18 everytime I start it....though the chronic artritis from the accident and the normally crappy weather means most of my motorcycling is done in the FE on hire bikes in the 30 degrees+ heat :)

And I know what you mean about the idiots....after all this time you get that 6th sense for it but one day you know the silly b******s will nail you hence my reluctance too.....which is a real pity.....as most of my happy memories come from the years spent on bikes with biker mates :)

Cheers :)
 

·
Registered
mg_zt
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Ken75 said:
No need, if you have a 75 or ZT you are a member already. We have a registration procedure coming soon but its not quite ready yet and when it is membership will be free.

Ken
I pick it up in 2 days *implodes*

its just like the silver estate wallpaper on the site (which is now my wallpaper :D)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Ian

Christopher will no doubt pick them up to go on the front page of the website but he is very busy at the moment. I will let him know they are here so he will get them when he can.

Cheers

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Rover = :) said:
LOL Ken.....thanks for the note! :)

After many happy years with various 1100's this is 'just' the 750 watercooled version......(it was so well done I just had to have it)

Luckily I broke my legs, back, arms, ribs, fingers, feet, toes etc years ago so it put everything nicely in perspective for me though now over half a life time further on I have to admit this GSXR only see's the inside of my garage mostly apart from the occasional 'lucky' day :(

On a brighter note, this side of a supercharged Mustang or Spitfire I have never heard anything like it........it sounds gorgeous (if that makes sense).....makes me feel 18 everytime I start it....though the chronic artritis from the accident and the normally crappy weather means most of my motorcycling is done in the FE on hire bikes in the 30 degrees+ heat :)

And I know what you mean about the idiots....after all this time you get that 6th sense for it but one day you know the silly b******s will nail you hence my reluctance too.....which is a real pity.....as most of my happy memories come from the years spent on bikes with biker mates :)

Cheers :)
I stopped being one of the great unwashed when I was 35 I think it was. I was hit by a lunatic taxi driver while stopped at traffic lights on my CX500. Nothing broken but the wound and bruising took months to heal and off work for six weeks. It was a nasty smack.

Biggest I had was a CB750 but they are so slow compared to todays bikes. Most fun was a suzy 380 triple that went like stink but everytime it rained all the electrics cut out apart from the front light!

First one I had was an NSU Quickly (one for the older reader!)

Luckily I broke my legs, back, arms, ribs, fingers, feet, toes etc years ago so it put everything nicely in perspective for me though now over half a life time further on I have to admit this GSXR only see's the inside of my garage mostly apart from the occasional 'lucky' day

Your not related to Barry Sheen are you because thats the sort of injuries he would get :lol:

Good luck and be safe

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
LOL......:)

So was that the GT380??.....Arh, them were the days :) Shortly followed by X7's, LC's and GSXR's.....

Anyways....back firmly on topic.....nowadays, we're all happy 75 owners and for a few quid a year get the opportunity to subscribe to this lovely forum which I have enjoyed thoroughly! :)

It is a real shame (and ruder words to that effect) that Rover went under.....I thought my Rover 600 was good though had never appreciated until I bought one just quite how good the 75 really is (apart from that 1.8 engine that has caused many people so much grief and expense)......

Funny really....after many years of German cars which were all good though without soul I have ended up with two British cars, both of which have required their fair amount of tinkering yet I am delighted to own them over any other vehicle (be that German, Japanese etc) and get character in abundance to boot!....

And as for Barry Sheen.....he had a good life doing what he enjoyed doing and what more could anyone ask for :)

Best regards
J
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top