MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just emailed the bbc breakfast and they read it out 10 minutes later ... shocked!

email was

Mg rover may of stood a better chance of survival if the Press hadn’t jumped on the slightest bit of news every time something happened, putting potential customers off. Its typical british journalism….. Knock the underdog until they go down and then say what a shame it is! The car designs may be old but companies like ford still recycle old designs. I believe the Ka is based on the Fiesta designed many years ago. The cars reliability and competitiveness are good and the TF is still the best selling 2 seater in the country

they read the bold bit out....

get emailing them guys n gals....

Steve Oliver

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Found the address:

[email protected]
Or go onto www.bbc.co.uk/breakfast and follow the links.

I've questioned where the money has gone over the past fifteen months and ask if there is a story that isn't being told.

A friend of mine has sent in an e-mail questioning the role of the DTI and Patricia Hewitt.

Keep e-mailing - they read them out again at 7:55.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry about that was in the shower! yes that was the email addy.... forums moving very fast today! good luck getting your comments in

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
I emailed them too - was a tad long though & laid the blame directly at the door of the Government.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I lay the blame directly at the door of the British press and media who have been determined to scupper MGR for the past 5 years.

The persistant negative reporting from the press and media over the past 5 years has gradually eroded consumer confidence in MGR, things could have been so much different had MGR been given a little support over the past few years.

I must also lay blame on the vast majority of the British public whom have failed to support their own and have preferred to line the pockets of foreigners instead.

Very sad time :(

·
Registered
595 Posts
Agree, DLN, every man and his dog says MG's are crap, purely based on media propaganda.On the other hand, why weren't MGR shouting from the rooftops that they made the best selling roadster in the country?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts