MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just written off ANOTHER Rover 200 so I'm about to try my luck with a 100 (hopefully a GTA provided I can find one)

Does anyone know how easily (if at all) you could take the back seats out, or has anyone done this before? Just for a bit of weight reduction as I don't need the back seats anyway...

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
maybe its worth taking some advanced driving tuition first :err:

back seats should be 4-6 bolts along the bottom and jobs a gooden

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help lads.

One more quick one, what kind of mess will i be left with after taking them out, or will it look reasonable?

Thanks again...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
It'll look gash mate! you'll have half metal half carpet and god knows what kind of wiring you may uncover!

·
Registered
24 Posts
:spanner: if i were you mate.. i would unbolt the rear seat belts off the boot/back floor..then recarpet the whole back(from bootlid up to the back of the front seats),will look pukka !!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
just folding them down will make you go faster :beer: :err:
Agreed, or so I've heard! :lol:

:spanner: if i were you mate.. i would unbolt the rear seat belts off the boot/back floor..then recarpet the whole back(from bootlid up to the back of the front seats),will look pukka !!
Woah! A post for the visually impared. :lol:

If you are taking the seats out, it will definitely look a mess. Fix some MDF down and carpet it. Will look better, or buy a van.:D

Rich.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts