MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i have heard about a number of mods to increase bhp but i was wondering what effect stripping a car might have ? I got a 620 Ti just yesterday a superb car and not the sort of car you would really want to strip down as it is very tidy indeed. But if you were of mind to could it yieald credibal performance gain,what could you strip of the car ? i have given it some thort but was not sure how much of the total weight things like seats panels etc would be ? or if it might unduly effect the handling ? jc

·
Registered
702 Posts
The art to stripping a car isn't so simple, If you REALLY want to you could just yank your basics out like floorings, all the seats and replace with light racing ones, removes sound deading stuff , door panels, replacing your glass windows with plexi ones, spare tyre, there is allot to it, but the thing you got to remember is that the more you take out of the car, the lighter it gets, to compensate for the car getting lighter you will need to stiffen it up or get better suspension or you will have one light car. Pro racing guys have corner weight measuring sites that they use to check that the car is well balanced. but yeah if you just want to chuck out stuff, start with the seats and flooring and spare tyre.

just what i know.

edit/
Oh yes and i spose for gains, you would be lighter than a stock car so you SHOULD be ble to out accelerate it, Should being the key word cause lots of other things come in to play :)

basicly you are playing with the power to weight ratio of your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts