MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
moving on from shaving the bobbles off my drivers side seat, is there a method of reducing the stretch in the seat squab, I've that about steaming :dunno:

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
moving on from shaving the bobbles off my drivers side seat, is there a method of reducing the stretch in the seat squab, I've that about steaming :dunno:
Lose some weight :dddc: ;)
I'm kidding. Mr Pete is a fine figure of a man ;)
I would be interested in this too. The bum part of my seat is looking the worse for wear right now. I plan on shaving it like people have suggested. But that won't get rid of the massive ripples thats caused by it stretching :eek:uch:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I had a word with the OH and she said that steaming the seat would actually stretch the fabric. She reckons Alcantara is a form of suede and onced stretch will not regain its shape!

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a word with the OH and she said that steaming the seat would actually stretch the fabric. She reckons Alcantara is a form of suede and onced stretch will not regain its shape!
well double bugger, thanks for the info Dave, I'll put my steam iron away then..........

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Other idea just came to my mind Pete:

Have a look on a household tips page and search for 'wildleather'
Keyword: Milking grease. Dunno if that helps, try the search :)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:rofl: you wouldn't believe some of the results I got from google Herbie :rofl: altho no helpful ones :(

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
When I bought my TF, I considered Alcantara but was put off by the surprising number of worn seats that I had seen at Silverstone that year.

I was told that Alcantara was very durable and didn't stretch or bobble.

I have all leather and there is no bobbling or stretching although I have developed a couple of barbed wire scratches where they tried to escape.

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
:broon: email sent, altho I omitted the pie thing :_poke:
That's a shame, would have been fun to see what an Italian company made of that saying :lol:

Right I'm off to a place scarily close to Ibstock for the weekend and then on to Yorkshire.

See yuo al next week sometime

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Have fun David :D

Pete, I didn't realise the problem with your seat.... looked fine. Could've been
my excitement in general :hyper:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although my alcantara is only 3 years old and the car has done 22K miles, i think it is wearing quite well. Also love the look and feel of it too.

I do like full leather also but in the winter it's too cold and in the summer its all sweaty.....having said that though the full leather does look particular good on a few sites I have looked at for seat recovering.....it's a modders must...hmmm I seem to be talking myself in to them again here........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts