MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'd like to carry a couple of bikes on the roof of my streetwise. I thought this would be dead straightforward, as it already has roofbars on.

However, when I look at the online shop for roof cycle carriers, the picture shows the roof bars going acoss the car (left to right) rather than back to front (like on my streetwise).

Is it possible to attach a cycle carrier to the streetwise roof bars? Can anyone decribe how to do it (or even better, a picture)?

·
Registered
31 Posts
you have roof rails fitted to your streetwise, you will need to buy the roof bars (that go across the width of the rails) to be able to carry bikes on the roof.

You can pick them up for anywhere between £40 to £70.

mike

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Cross bars are in the online shop at £139.95 (for 2).

Then you need the cycle carriers at £52.88 (each).

Quite expensive IMO for what they are.

Rich.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replies :)

I've seen the cross bars (didn't know that I needed them until now!) on ebay for about 40 quid. My mate said I can get cycle carriers for about 20 to 30 quid each.

As I'm only going to carry bikes occasionally, I don't want to spend a fortune on the kit.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
You will need the cross bards, Just get some universal ones. The Rover cycle carrier is geat bit of kit though, You pull this hydrolic arm down, strap your bike on and press the relase button and it lifts the back onto the roof on it's own and locks it into place.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You will need the cross bards, Just get some universal ones. The Rover cycle carrier is geat bit of kit though, You pull this hydrolic arm down, strap your bike on and press the relase button and it lifts the back onto the roof on it's own and locks it into place.
Does it pedal your bike for you
:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts