MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I twist or just pull to remove my 04 Streetwise knob.

(I love this car). Had a 25 several years ago and this is just a chunky, funky improvement on that. Seats fit me like a glove, just a bit dissapointed with the new badge - lack of claret and amber, not quite the same match I had with my footie team colours! Otherwise the car looks a treat, and I'm already improving further with rear light guards and hopefully a new leather and chrome gear knob.

The ride is also an improvement on the 25, still positive on bends, but pot holes no longer cause me to wince!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The gearknob on my Streetwise came off in my hand the other week, a bit of a shock I can tell you! Went back on easily though and hasn't come off again.
I love mine too :)

·
Registered
rover_25
135 Posts
pulls off but if they are fitted correctly they will not budge without damageing it. this was the same for all late model 25, sw and ZR

If it comes off in your hand remove the knob and take a look at the gaitor the problem was too much material bunching under the knob stopping it going on all the way. If the inner of the knob is still ok then you can simply trim the excess from the gaitor, just leave enough on to trap between the knob and the plastic retaining ring and put the knob back in position, cover it with some protective material, a rolled up towel should do, and give it a belt with a mallet. If its on properly the mateial will be trapped and you will not be able to budge it. If this does not work then the plastic snap on ring in the gear knob hs been damaged during fitment due to the excess material and you need a new one. Or simply find a good impact adhesive and glue it back on as some dealers did/do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts