MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Just had a new front end on my exhaust coz the last 1 was screwed. Now there's a wierd whisteling noise comin from my engine bay when I exceed a certain rpm in my lower gears. There's also a noise when idle kinda like little hissing squirts of air comin from my engine block. Any1 know what this is? Should I take it back to where the exhaust was fitted?
Any help would be great as this is the first time i've done anything like this.
Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Could be a very small air leak on your exhaust manifold?

Have a look in the engine bay while the engine is on and see if you can locate it...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Adam101 said:
There's also a noise when idle kinda like little hissing squirts of air comin from my engine block. Any1 know what this is?
This is almost certainly your exhaust manifold gasket.
Mate had this problem on his Lancer 1.3, replaced the gasket and no problems.
Only costs a couple of quid to replace but if you paid a garage to do it and they didnt do it properly, bring it straight back and dont leave the place until your satisfied.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
It's a piece of pi$$ to do yourself :) I've done it on mine and it doesn't take very long and is easy to do as long as you can get the exhaust manifold bolts undone...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys! Im gonna go to the garage tomorrow n ask about it! What you reckon I should say to them?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Adam101 said:
Cheers guys! Im gonna go to the garage tomorrow n ask about it! What you reckon I should say to them?
By f'in about with my exhaust you have f'ed up my exhaust manifold gasket, that was perfectly fine when I brought the car in, if it wasn't you would have mentioned it before you fitted my exhaust, u money grabbing sons of guns.

The part is this much from Rover now fix it !!!! :twak: :guns3:

Or something like that?

Carl

p.s. Sorry not in a great mood hope it don't show too much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts