MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had this problem for about 6 months now. When i go over 50mph, this odd noise comes from the underside of the car. Im certain its to the drivers side, around the wheel/axle region. I aint no boffin at cars so wouldn't have a clue what could be the cause. Hmmm, wonder if just tightening the bolts of the wheels would do...? I don't do any motorway mileage, so rarely go that fast in my car (sure i rip it on the roads), but really want to find the cause of this problem.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Brake pads worn out is the only thing that comes to mind, but I'd have thought they would have gone metal to metal by now!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I get the same noise on my 214, mines stops as soon as I put pressure on the brakes, starts again as my foot comes of the brakes. Is this what happens with yours?

p.s. If the Major reckons it's worn brake pads then that's a safe bet!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mackinon, thats exactly what happens to mine. The sound stops when the brakes are applied or if the steering is turned slightly. Think i should get some new brake pads then before my MOTtest next month.

So, what kinda price am i looking for a set of brake pads...? Any particular brand or keep to Rover...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts