MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i know these things are a bit difficult wihtout hearing it. but my idle has been very strange when my engines cold , its at the same revs but sounds more burbely, kind of lumpy, went t pull away and nothing no power, this has happened since but ive had power but its just doesnt sound right till it heats up, any ideas? plugs perhaps, oh its a 214si , cheers people

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that the same as the tempertaue thermostat at the back of the engine ? if so it was changed a few month ago when i realised i didnt have one.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got the sound, i know how to descrie it anyhow, sounds none to disimilar to a harley davidson! thats good right.....

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Seems more like you have a gas leak somewhere, possibly loose plug/s.
Coolant temp sensor doesn't cost much, it's on the elbow at the right front of the engine with 2 wires (brown I think)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im prayin knackered plugs, ill buy some plugs and a sensor today, will halfrauds have one of them sensors in?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ill not be buyin plugs from halfrauds , hell no, was just wondering if it would be easier sourcing the sensor from there

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been looking through my haynes , cant find the coolant sensor, would have thought it would be in chapter 3, no matter ill buy it and see what i can do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts