MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i connected up my boost gauge up to the ciggie lighter, so it is illuminated at night.

Since then, i have noticed the warning light for the boot being lit up.

The boot is definitely shut, but the light is still on. I notice the light also pulses, as it glows bright and dims, then bright, then dims etc

What on earth is happening??

Also i have noticed my clock as stopped keeping the correct time.

Left for work at 4.50am according to the clock (which is correct), finished work at 3.50pm, and the clock showed 1.50 :banghead:

This has all happened since yesterday, what have i done????

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update, now the stereo looses the code and is difficult to switch on, plus the cd changer wont eject the cartridge!!!! Aaaarrrggghh!!!! :banghead:

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be taking a look at this later today, any suggestions guys???

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you have access to a service disk, why not see if you can find a common connection between each of those items in the wiring diagram. I'd try myself but I'mon my mac at the moment and I need the Winbloze PC.

EDIT- You've tried unplugging it of course yes? In which case it may be as simple as a caught up wire or something in the cig unit.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have access to a service disk, why not see if you can find a common connection between each of those items in the wiring diagram. I'd try myself but I'mon my mac at the moment and I need the Winbloze PC.

EDIT- You've tried unplugging it of course yes? In which case it may be as simple as a caught up wire or something in the cig unit.
Think i have managed to trace athe problem to the cd multi changer in the boot, as when it is unplugged from the stereo, the faults go away.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Sounds dodgy mate. Have you tried disconnecting the gauge, since it's all gone t*ts up since that was wired up? Could be a dodgy earth maybe?

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds dodgy mate. Have you tried disconnecting the gauge, since it's all gone t*ts up since that was wired up? Could be a dodgy earth maybe?
Good thought mate, i haven't disconnected it yet, looks like a job for the weekend!!

Cheers
Skelo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts