MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been using some stp injector cleaner in my car before the MOT just to see if it would clean the injectors and make it run smoother.

Ive used the redx one shot injector cleaner before and it does make the car run smoother but only whilst its in the tank & for half a tank at the next fill up then the engine runs as normal.
I saw the stp stuff and i thought id give it a go.
It says to use one bottle in a full tank of fuel every 6000 miles but i put it in at two consecutive fill ups, My car has done nearly 110000 miles.
Im on my third fill up after useing it and it has made a difereance, ive got a mk2 216 with the honda d16 series engine in it and if you talk to anyone that has one they will tell you that the idle is a bit rough, after using this cleaner the idle is alot smoother and there seams to be a bit more torqe.
The one hill i went up the other day i usualy have to change down to forth, but it quite happly kept pulling in fith.
Before i used it my Mpg had droped, now its back to what it should be.

Now it could just be that at the time my car had got a bit cloged up and i just happened to put it in at the right time by coincedence.

Has anyone else used it and found the same?

·
Registered
477 Posts
ive got a botle ready to use on my rover 25 so its good stuff then! havent used it befor but ive used redex befor and your right on how it only works while in the tank and theres no long term results!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greeny said:
ive got a botle ready to use on my rover 25 so its good stuff then! havent used it befor but ive used redex befor and your right on how it only works while in the tank and theres no long term results!
Let us know if it does make a differance, i was dubious at first because of the red x stuff being crap.
It inly cost me 80p from a supermarket petrol station aswell!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I used some in my new ZR the weekend it has only done 7000 miles and I have noticed the diffrence I bought the power pack where you get the injection cleaner and power boost together for £8.99 and I noticed the diffrence straight away the car is a lot smoother and next week I will put in the power boost and I will let you know how I get on. STP really does work 9/10 the only problem I found was the neck of the bottle wasnt long enough so I had to push it open with a small screwdriver to put the STP in.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Dean ZR 105+ said:
I used some in my new ZR the weekend it has only done 7000 miles and I have noticed the diffrence I bought the power pack where you get the injection cleaner and power boost together for £8.99 and I noticed the diffrence straight away the car is a lot smoother and next week I will put in the power boost and I will let you know how I get on. STP really does work 9/10 the only problem I found was the neck of the bottle wasnt long enough so I had to push it open with a small screwdriver to put the STP in.
i dont think your need too use it in a car thats only done 7000 mate!

·
Registered
146 Posts
empsburna said:
preventative measures? i'd be more than happy to buy the car after you have owned it!
Exactly all I am doing is looking after my pride and joy, I mean I clean and polish it every week without fail that takes me 4 hours then the next day I clean my engine bay and check all the levels and this weekend I am going to change the oil. All I am doing is keeping my ZR in mint condition for myself and everyone else to enjoy, (but mainly ME)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts