MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken the precaution of buying in some spares for forthcoming services.
Just the timing, fip and alternator belts so far.
But if the worst happens, getting hold of parts could become a problem.

I'm going to order a downpipe (turbo to cat) as the flexy joint can break (it did on my previous 45 at about 60kmiles).
Also possibly a clutch assembly as some 'pattern' parts can apparently cause judder.

Body parts/engines/gearboxes/radiator I can always get from a breakers as a last resort and the rest are available from non- MGR sources.

What else breaks on the 45 diesels that would be hard to get?

(The car has done 39k in 18months, and I expect to keep it for another 2 years or getting on for 150k)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I really wouldn't panic over spares.
I can still get parts for my TR7 'off the shelf' so I don't think parts for a 2 or 3 year old car are going to be a problem. The only exception would be bits of trim that are unique to a particular model year or specification.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I don't know whether to worry or not.

As part of warranty work, I've been waiting for a new horn for my ZS for over a month. It seems like they can't actually get hold of them.

Not to worry though the original has started to work again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
:) :) :) :) :)

I personnaly dont think if they do shut rover down, then No parts will be available. you can still get parts for 1956 vehicles, so a common part like rover, there`s shed loads left.

:)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
If anything parts would become more available than less as there would be no restrictions on what could and couldn't be made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts