MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted a 52mm throttle body I am finding the TB is sticking open very slightly which means when I come off the gas the revs stay at a constant level (V v unnerving!). I have looked at the spring mechanism and the spring for the valve is on top of a white nylon runner/washer. I have greased/oiled this but it still sticks open and will not fully shut. If accelerator whacked open it whacks fully shut just not at slow on/offs on the pedal? I have checked the cable and it is ok just the TB??

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Hmmm, Trophy (52mm) throttle body is pretty bomb proof and this is the first i've heard of one sticking.

I take it you have looked at the throttle cable and adjusted the tension to suit?

Other than this, the only possible thing i can think of is the retaining screws for the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) on the rear of the throttle body, i know that if these are done up fully then they project out the back and can foul the spring (stopping it from closing fully). Worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one will have a look. Was banking on you giving some advice and you came through for me! Cheers

·
Registered
942 Posts
Does the ECU Reset work with the TF?

Ignition in Oil light position

4 Full Press of the Throttle

Ingition Off

Restart.

I dunno.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
i took my throttle body of my rover before i installed it though i degreased it through and through making sure there was no dirt or oil anywhere then installed it today and it's so much better i now know that my plastic throttle body was sticking lol the alloy throttle body rules

1 - 6 of 6 Posts