MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed that my mgf seems to wander when i am driving on the motorway,someone told me that the "toe & camber" may require resetting, can anyone shed some light on this for me?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,299 Posts
You probably need to have all four wheels properly tracked by someone who knows what they are doing (easier said than done). Like the TF I don’t think the camber changed on the F.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks CHRIS T,i pressume i will need to find a garage that has a rolling road? i will have to find a suitable garage within my area, if possible.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
mike.r said:
i have noticed that my mgf seems to wander when i am driving on the motorway,someone told me that the "toe & camber" may require resetting, can anyone shed some light on this for me?
If its more obvious at M-way type speeds, ie 60-70mph then it might be worth fitting a front splitter!..

Many people report the `Fs` steering tends to go `light` as these speeds as the front end tends to lift with airflow........ the splitter will help to push the front down more thus giving steering more `feel`...

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Rolling road not required, just somebody with full laser equipment. Does your vehicle have epas ? They are common to play up - test procedure is wheels straight ahead, jack up the front of the car and start the engine. If the wheels turn on their own the epas is faulty......an expensive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts